Roof won't open / Trunk lock problem?

All your roof problems here.
vulgaris

Roof won't open / Trunk lock problem?

Post by vulgaris »

Hey folks,

New user here, just bought a 206cc 2003 last week. When i bought it, i knew there was a small problem with the trunk sensor (when i drove over speed bumps it would do 1 beep for 1 sec and briefly show a image on the small screen indicating the car thinks the trunk is open). Although annoying, i could live with it. Managed to open and close the roof around 10 times since i bought it.

After closing it today it won't open again. And beeps when i try to open it.

Also, when i drive faster than 5kmh (ALWAYS, lol) the car beeps. Constantly. It seems like the trunk sensor thingy that occasionally happened is now replaced with the car thinking the trunk is permanently open. (it leads me to believe something was making contact poorly and now stopped making contact completely). Although, oddly enough, with the constant beeping i dont see the warning on the little screen saying the trunk is open, so it could also be something else. Sometimes when i hit a speed bump the beeping will stop for around 4 seconds.

Last but not least, if i try to open the roof without the engine running, it will just give 4 beeps.

I tried finding my way around the form for answers, but i couldnt really get a specific answer to this problem, if anyone knows what i can do to (A) make the beeping stop (!!) and (B) get the roof working again, that'd be amazing.

Kind regards and thanks in advance for taking the time to read and reply <3

IanL

Re: Roof won't open / Trunk lock problem?

Post by IanL »

It is probably one of the microswitches in the roof mechanism malfunctioning. If you are near Telford, http://frenchdiagnosticservices.com/peugeot-cabriolets are the people to sort it out.

vulgaris

Post by vulgaris »

Hmm, so today the beeping has magically stopped, but now it just beeps again as it used to (only when hitting speed bumps).

Weird thing is, im not able to lower the roof now. I dont get the sound when i pull down the levers, but also i dont get any beeps when i pull on the roof switch. It's just silent. The windows also don't come down.

Sidenote: My turn signal sound also doesnt seem to work 100%. Could this somehow be related?

IanL

Post by IanL »

A common cause of no tones when opening the roof catches, and the roof not opening, is malfunction of the microswitches on the top of the windscreen pillars. It is usually dirt. Some people have had success by spraying with contact cleaner (not WD40 - that is a dirt magnet).
Last edited by IanL on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

vulgaris

Post by vulgaris »

IanL wrote:A common cause of no tones when opening the roof catches, and the roof not opening, is malfunction of the microswitches on the top of the windscreen pillars. It is usually dirt. Some people have has success by spraying with contact cleaner (not WD40 - that is a dirt magnet).
Thanks Ian! I'm going to try this :)

Will post my progress here!