roof bleeps when unlached but when then nothing

All your roof problems here.
elysian12345

roof bleeps when unlached but when then nothing

Post by elysian12345 »

Hi all
i am the proud owner of an 02 206cc with only 82k on the clock when i unlatch the roof everything bleeps as it should when i press the roof button it starts to bleep and will not stop until i turn off the ignition it worked ok once went down as it should and went back up and apart from me having to push down on the latch on the left hand side (cable has broken) there was no problems it even did the operation complete bong when i manually latch it by pressing on the left hand side just at the rear of the window and i have got the rear roof blind closed and i have checked the micro switch and it works fine
i hope someone can help as i have just spent an absolute fortune on parts to get it ready for mot
thanks
Michael

IanL

Re: roof bleeps when unlached but when then nothing

Post by IanL »

It probably has found that it cannot open the latch because of the broken cable. Fix the cable and all should be well.

I expect that, if it believes the latch has not disengaged (correctly as it happens), it will not try to tilt the boot cover up.

elysian12345

Post by elysian12345 »

it worked ok even with the broken cable it is the cable that engages the lock so as it would not engage until i pressed down on the lock then it gave the confirmation bleep

IanL

Post by IanL »

How do you think the lock disengages with a broken cable?

elysian12345

Post by elysian12345 »

i noticed that when it boot was open that the cable was broken as i did not get the confirmation bleep when i pressed down on the respective corner i heard it click and then i got the confirmation bleep i then opened the roof and again until i pressed down on the corner where the cable went to again it clicked and again i got the confirmation bleep i then closed the roof and pressed down on the corner again i got the click and confirmation bleep
since then i dont get any form of movement from the roof or the windows although the windows do work from the electric window switch

IanL

Post by IanL »

Look at this video . Note that the two front locks of the boot lid are cable operated to unlatch (see from 4.40 in the video).

See also the switches here. I am pretty sure that, if a latch fails to unlatch, the upper boot cover locked switch (E or J) would continue to indicate "locked", so the pump would not run.

Also check the jumper clips (this video from 4.00) are in the correct position for automatic operation.

elysian12345

Post by elysian12345 »

the windows dont even lower this happens before the boot hydraulic pump even operates hence before the roof even begins to unlock hence it is not a problem with the boot locking mechanism and i have checked the manual locking pins they are in the automatic configuration

IanL

Post by IanL »

You could try latching the boot lid according to the method in the second video, rather than pressing down on it. If that doesn't help, I suggest you get Peugeot Planet 2000 diagnostic equipment onto the car to identify where the problem lies.

elysian12345

Post by elysian12345 »

success it now works had to reprogram the roof with Peugeot planet and replaced the n/s hinge and all cables and it works better now than it did when i bought it i am well happy best £85 i have ever spent and it is a genuine Peugeot planet made in France not a clone i will need to learn how to use it proper but when i do i will give my service to anyone on here :big-grin:

IanL

Post by IanL »

Wow, a genuine PP, hinge and cable for £85 :thumbs:

Out of interest, what does the reprogramming entail?

elysian12345

Post by elysian12345 »

to be honest i cant remember at the moment i will try and retrace my steps and then list it

Slo

Post by Slo »

A dealer pp will cost about 2 grand
image001.jpg
And programming the roof ecu consists of deleting the roof codes lol therefor resetting it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

IanL

Post by IanL »

OK, no big deal. Of course, many of the Chinese knock-offs look genuine, because the stickers "Made in France" etc come either on them or are included inside the DVD envelope.