Roof not retracting / no sound!!

All your roof problems here.
Metallimaniac

Roof not retracting / no sound!!

Post by Metallimaniac »

Evening folks!

I've just been playing around with the roof on my 206cc (or trying) as I tried last week to open it and would not open at all. Usually when undoing the two clips on the inside there is an audible sound to show the roof is ready to open and, with all attempts previously, the roof then opens with the windows coming down first. Now however there is no sound after the clips are undone and when pulling the roof button back, nothing happens.

I've made sure there is nothing on the shelf rack, the visor is pulled in the boot and tried unlocking and locking the boot and nothing works. It just seems so strange that it has suddenly stopped working.

Has anyone got any other ideas cause I'm stumped other than manually putting the roof down.

Thanks guys!

IanL

Re: Roof not retracting / no sound!!

Post by IanL »

Could be the latch microswitches are dirty - please see my reply here.

Metallimaniac

Re: Roof not retracting / no sound!!

Post by Metallimaniac »

Cheers for that Ian, I have a feeling it is something to do with the latches as I've fiddled around with the shelf in the boot too and when that's retracted back and the latches are undone, the three tone beeps chime to say the roof is not ready so the system recognises this so only thought is with the latches or latch micro switches. I'll try your theory out and report back Oan, thanks!