Passenger Side Rear Window Travel Time Exceeded

All your roof problems here.
JonTheHorrible

Passenger Side Rear Window Travel Time Exceeded

Post by JonTheHorrible »

Hey all! My name is Jon. You won's have heard of me, but I have been doing a LOT of reading in these forums about my 206cc, so thank you all so much for your hard work and assistance!

I have my 206cc beeping when I try and operate the roof. No movement at all. I bought it from a guy who had a Peugeot diagnostic ran which says "Passenger Side Rear Window Travel Time Exceeded". i am pretty good with electronics and tech and stuff so I figure if it is a contact that says when the window is fully open/closed, I should be able to take it from there and fix, bypass, or replace the sensor.

I have seen that most of the roof sensors on this car are microswitches where the roof is concerned, so have been checking out the window regulators on ebay to try and see if I can find where the sensor is located without pulling the car apart. Just to ensure that when I try and pull it all apart, I can get to the part and do what ever fix I am to prepare and complete the job in one go. Now saying that, I did change all the speakers recently and had a little look and cleaned any thing that was metallic with a wire brush and contact cleaner. But I did not see anything that looks like the culprit sensor, so still have the problem.

Also the window seems to not be "guided" very well, meaning that when I close it, I have to give it a little nudge with my finger or it wont go up. it goes down fine though. I notices a little white plastic clip in said ebay diagrams etc at the edge of the mechanism, which I am guessing may be missing, or it has fell of the swervy rail bit.

Can anyone please help me with either the location of this sensor for the roof in the window area and any fixes they may already know about? I have been manually getting the roof up and down, but it is so uncool lol. Also, it looks a bit ugly without the passenger shelf deployed.

Also, if anyone knows a way to get my window to go back up on its own? I am worried about taking the panel apart to remove the regulator as I don't like the idea of drilling and riveting etc :( Just don't have the tools or skills for that bit!
:love-thx:

IanL

Re: Passenger Side Rear Window Travel Time Exceeded

Post by IanL »

It is possible to override the windows to close the roof under power. The procedure is in the handbook in the section on closing manually, at the end. If you don't have a handbook, go to http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ddb/, choose English, 206, cc and date bracket.

You don't have to drill out rivets to access the window mechanism. Illustrated procedures are given in the Peugeot Service Box Documentation. Get it here.

JonTheHorrible

Post by JonTheHorrible »

Thanks I've bought the manual. 12gb download wo will have to do that after work.

Will try the closing rood procedure, thanks for that, hadn't seen that one. Is there an opening procedure with window override too? As I am manually opening the roof at the moment, I can not get to the hydraulic pump to tighten it while the roof is open, so wont be able to make use of the closing procedure unless I have opened the roof without loosening the valve.

JonTheHorrible

Post by JonTheHorrible »

bah, I tried the manual roof override thing, but didn't even hear beeps. This is what I did with roof latches open:

1. turned off ignition while simultaneously pressing down both window controls
1.a also tried this while pulling controllers up
2. Turned ignition to 2nd notch while holding in (or pulling up) window controls)
3. Waited
4. Waited
5. Waited

nothing, no beeps, not a sausage. Pressing roof controller still does the same 3 sets of 3 beeps "beepbeepbeep beepbeepbeep beepbeepbeep"

JonTheHorrible

Post by JonTheHorrible »

I wish you'd warned me that I would be paying for a very expensive file that is 12gb and runs in vmware and is very difficult to find the thing I was asking for mate.

So I will ask again, does anyone know where the sensor for the passenger rear quarter window to the roof is please?

IanL

Post by IanL »

Sorry if you're disappointed, but the price and running in a VM is all clearly identified on the website. Yes, things are a little hard to find, but one learns through using it. You could also buy a cracked copy on EBay which doesn't use a VM, but the installation can be a nightmare, so I don't recommend it.

If you use the wiring diagram manual (the SEDRE) you can see from the roof system (called folding roof in the SEDRE) that there are no switches associated with the window position. I think the roof ECU simply monitors the flow of current in the motor (hence the "time exceeded" message). The likelihood is that your problem is mechanical, as you said it needs a prod to go up.

Unfortunately, no-one seems to know the logic employed by the roof ECU; I have seen some suggestions that it is possible to reset it, but not how. The procedure to reset/reboot the BSI is here, so you could try that. It is worth knowing anyway, because that is the only safe way to disconnect/reconnect the battery without scrambling the BSI.

Of course, the problem may not be the window (you did say that they go down readily), but another of the microswitches. If you need professional help and are anywhere near Telford, these are the UK experts.

JonTheHorrible

Post by JonTheHorrible »

Thanks Ian, Unfortunately Im in Sydney. Im from the UK originally. You get the best help there haha, clueless bunch over here.

I dont have central locking, so I am guessing I can skip that part. I will give it a go this weekend. I have just downloaded Peugeot Planet, so hopefully I will be able to find my diag cable and plug it in and clear the fault if it is still there. But I am guessing it will reoccur. Maybe I will bite the bullet and put in a new window mechanism if it doesn't involve rivets etc, it shouldn't present too much of a problem!

IanL

Post by IanL »

Peugeot Planet is a good idea. You may be able to clear the roof ECU fault with it, and as the windows are only lowered by the roof operation, it may then work.

You do know that a standard EOBD to USB cable does not work with Planet? You need the special Peugeot/Citroen interface known as Proxia, or more commonly Lexia 3. If you don't have it, there are lots of Chinese copies on EBay.

And, btw, it only runs on 32-bit Windows, preferably XP SP3. If your laptop is 64-bit, install XP in a VM (better a separate one, not the one with the emanual), then install Planet into that. Do not plug the interface in until prompted by the installer or the driver will not load properly, and you will have to delete the VM and start again !!!

Stevem

Post by Stevem »

JonTheHorrible wrote:Thanks Ian, Unfortunately Im in Sydney. Im from the UK originally. You get the best help there haha, clueless bunch over here.

I dont have central locking, so I am guessing I can skip that part. I will give it a go this weekend. I have just downloaded Peugeot Planet, so hopefully I will be able to find my diag cable and plug it in and clear the fault if it is still there. But I am guessing it will reoccur. Maybe I will bite the bullet and put in a new window mechanism if it doesn't involve rivets etc, it shouldn't present too much of a problem!

Hey Jon, where did you get your copy of Planet from, been after one for a while but not been able to find a copy ??

Thanks

JonTheHorrible

Post by JonTheHorrible »

Stevem wrote:
JonTheHorrible wrote:Thanks Ian, Unfortunately Im in Sydney. Im from the UK originally. You get the best help there haha, clueless bunch over here.

Hey Jon, where did you get your copy of Planet from, been after one for a while but not been able to find a copy ??

Thanks
Unfortunately the copy I got had a trojan so I won't be installing it. So I'm back to square one :(

JonTheHorrible

Post by JonTheHorrible »

IanL wrote:Peugeot Planet is a good idea. You may be able to clear the roof ECU fault with it, and as the windows are only lowered by the roof operation, it may then work.

You do know that a standard EOBD to USB cable does not work with Planet? You need the special Peugeot/Citroen interface known as Proxia, or more commonly Lexia 3. If you don't have it, there are lots of Chinese copies on EBay.

And, btw, it only runs on 32-bit Windows, preferably XP SP3. If your laptop is 64-bit, install XP in a VM (better a separate one, not the one with the emanual), then install Planet into that. Do not plug the interface in until prompted by the installer or the driver will not load properly, and you will have to delete the VM and start again !!!
Thanks Ian. My copy of Planet was virus riddled so I didnt install it :( Thanks for the info on the cable, I will have to get one. I have a bluetooth dongle thing at the moment which works, but I can't see error codes using any of the Android software I've tried with it yet.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Generic OBD2 will not give any codes for the roof/window system, which is unique to Peugeot.

Slo

Post by Slo »

Make yourself an account on service box

http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

It has full blown images of every part of your car and all the part numbers and is also free to join, you just have to fib about having a business to register.

Regarding the window there is no fully up or down sensor, the ecu just guesses when the window is fully up or down before powering the other window.

Vmware :lol: so what exactly do you get for 12gb :!: :scratch:

Regarding the trojan you all speak of, its a false alarm. The trojan is the key generator. Its perfectly safe.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

IanL

Post by IanL »

Slo wrote:
Vmware :lol: so what exactly do you get for 12gb :!: :scratch:
Not quite sure what the hilarity is all about. The 12 Gb download is the entire Service Box Documentation (including the procedures, which are pay-to-view on the Peugeot site) plus the SEDRE. It is pre-installed in a VM, so there is no messing about with cracks, password generators and the like - it just works. Plus, once you start the applications (which take a few minutes to boot, even on a fast computer), you don't need to do that again - you just suspend the VM instead of exiting it, and you can restart it in seconds.

Oh, and you can use it offline, so no worries if your internet is down, or the Peugeot server taking a dislike to your ISP and throwing you off (as has happened to quite a few people, including me).

Slo

Post by Slo »

IanL wrote:Not quite sure what the hilarity is all about. The 12 Gb download....
Well the sheer size for a start especially if your on slow internet or a phone.

Plus almost everyone i've seen you recommend this too has no idea how to install and/or use it. It can be very cunfusing especially when it comes to the drivers.

Where do you get it from anyway?
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual