Changed roof switches and catches

All your roof problems here.
Kelly contina

Changed roof switches and catches

Post by Kelly contina »

Hello all, I am still struggling with my roof, today we changed the roof catches and switches, still not getting the bleep, until we had boot open, boot blind pulled across and then I opened catches and got the bleep, but not working still, closed boot no beep when undoing the catches???? We have checked switches in boot they seem fine, we are just at a loss, did a bsi reboot... In the correct way still no joy..... Help me please I'm at my wits end.... I don't have money to go to a mechanic especially a Peugeot garage, any more suggestions as to what it could be, I've taken out white loops and really inserted nothing! All fuses are fine,

IanL

Re: Changed roof switches and catches

Post by IanL »

Very odd. It sounds like the roof ECU is confused. You could try a BSI Reboot. It will do no harm, and costs nothing.

If that does not help, a diagnosis with Peugeot Planet may point the way.

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

Thanks Ian we did a reboot still nothing I'm absolutely burnt out mentally as to what it could be now.... I'm so sad

IanL

Post by IanL »

I have noticed that I get no bleep when opening catches if the ignition is off, or if it is on AND the engine is running. Can you confirm that your "no bleeps" happens when the ignition is on and the engine is NOT running.

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

Just been out to check, and now nit getting any bleep at all when opening the catches that's with boot open, boot closed, ignition on only and ignition on with engine running, the front switches have been changed so still at a loss, the bleep was intermittent this afternoon, it seemed when my uncle was playing around in the back I would get it then I wouldn't as soon as boot was closed

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

Peugeot planet doesn't have anyone close to me in Leicester, I feel like crying like a big girl lol

IanL

Post by IanL »

I think the probable cause is intermittent connection in either wiring from the front catches to the roof ECU, or poor connection on the relevant plug/socket at the roof ECU.

The roof ECU is in the boot, see Section 3-1, here. I suggest cleaning the plug/socket with electrical switch cleaning spray.

If you need to investigate the wiring, the roof catch switches are wired to pins 6, 18 and 19 of the ECU connector. 19 is common, 6 is the RH switch and 18 the LH switch. Don't ask about wire colours, they are not documented and can vary between cars.

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

Yes I've been studying all the relevant documents etc so when we pulled the carpet pieces off I recognised the ecu straight away will have a good look at that link maybe print it off and follow your instructions tomorrow, see what happens, thanks Ian I'll report back and let you know outcome xx

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

Just one more thing, was it you who said the missing pull cord for manually opening roof wouldn't impact it working mechanically??? Because looking at it today we couldn't work out what the pull cord attached to and if it had been pulled could it not be blocking it working somehow by making contact t with a microswitch somewhere??? Because my mind is telling me if the cord was pulled out, surely the car thinks it's in manual mode so won't open for that reason???

Luditus

Post by Luditus »

When I release my catches, engine running or not, I get a gong, not a bleep. When I operate the roof down switch, a bleep always reminds me to check the boot blind. Boot not shut properly also gives the same bleep.

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

When u say gong what do you mean??? How is this different to a bleep?? My blind is across

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

But my bleep that happens when I press the button is the same sounding bleep as when blind not pulled out or boot open or door open, the mechanical sound doesn't even start when I press button just the bleep as if something is wrong

Luditus

Post by Luditus »

"Gong", it sounds like a gong, unique to the roof open/close system. You get one to tell you everything is ready, and another when the procedure is completed.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Actually, that's right, it is a "bong", not a bleep. Much lower pitched. My mistake. But on my car, it won't work when the catches are opened with the engine running. It does sound when the cycle is complete with the engine running, - I know that because I always have the engine running when I move the roof - saves the battery. Anyway, it's still a possibility that the wiring or contacts in the plug/socket are to blame.

About the pull-cord. Cars after March 2003 (manufacture date, not first registered) don't have the cord, so if yours is not there, it is probably not supposed to be. And, if the cord had been pulled and then lost, the parcel shelf would be free to move, not locked.
Last edited by IanL on Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

No it was definitely always there, my car is 2001 model, I know it was there because I used to think what on earth.is that for, then I sent it to a hand carwash place left it with them for the whole car to be cleaned, (this is the only time anyone else has touched my car) while watching how to manually puy down my roof I was following instructions until it cane to pull cord and I went to pull and it was missing!!!