Missing pull cord in boot could this be roof fault!???

All your roof problems here.
Kelly contina

Missing pull cord in boot could this be roof fault!???

Post by Kelly contina »

Hi so after weeks of scrolling and being convinced my roof catch microswitches weren't working, I watched the video to manually raise the roof just to see if I could see any thing from that, at one point in the video it explains to pull cord to release parcel shelf, I know I had one of these because I remember thinking many times I wonder whatever that could be for?? !! So I go to pull cord and hey presto there is no cord at all!!! Now the only place my car has been is a hand-wash car wash where I know they did the boot as it was filthy and they charged me extra, is this an easy fix or new system??? I'm devastated!! There is also a microswitch on the unit that's not really clicking if I take a picture can anyone advise if possible to sort out, I have been scratching my head at this for a long time now, my uncle is good with cars and rents out a compound to a scrap yard who have a few 206cc in at the moment so we can remove things from that one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gadgetrescue

Re: Missing pull cord in boot could this be roof fault!???

Post by gadgetrescue »

hi again. after all my attempts it was really simple. if you take the black cover off, the one that has the hole in with/without the string, you will see an off white plate with a vertical groove in it. someone said use a screwdriver, but I used a 25 ml chisel. put the blade in the slot and push it in and down at an angle
by gadgetrescue
Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:40 pm

Forum: Roof
Topic: Roof stuck down, PLEASE HELP
Replies: 15

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

Thanks for ur quick reply, I've been and had a look but I can't see this panel ur talking about, although if I push the bar up the microswitch I thought didn't click actually lifts and does work, my model is 2001 so could this be the reason I don't have the panel??? I'm posting photos of what I see when I remove the plastic panel maybe you could edit the pic to show where you are talking about,

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

If it's possible could ypu edit pics to show where I'm going to need to try and jam the mechanism as though the pull cord was never pulled???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

The pull cord is only fitted to earlier models and is used to manually operate the roof. Its omission won't prevent your roof from working.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

Thanks mine is an earlier model 2001 y reg ive just been out there now and when I look at the diagramme I'll post the picture, my number 18 switch is always pressed in I'm slowly losing the will..... I do not get the bong when opening roof clips I just don't know where else to turn, I've checked all fuses all switches I get the familiar click from them all, I've pulled out white pins and replaced I've sprayed all switches with correct cleaner, the only thing that has changed is the pull string is no longer there and it would have been pulled out while in stowed away position because as far as I know the car wash people didn't open the roof

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

This is the diagram I have been working from

gadgetrescue

Post by gadgetrescue »

hi.I've tried editing your photo, but can't. in the photo you post, you don't appear to have the panel, but having said that, I broke mine off today, so could be this happened to yours. in the diagram with the circle with 17 in it, the plate is behind the horizontal bar, with the string coming out of it. there is a post on here that shows it more clearly. if I can find it, i'll post it on your post

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

Col was saying this will have no effect on the roof not working, my roof isn't down its in closed position so it will be the opposite way around to what u had to.do, I don't seem to be able to get to the bottom of this problem no matter how I try

darienbowie

Post by darienbowie »

Dear Kelly,

Did you ever find a solution for the roof problem without pull cord? I am having exactly the same problem and am at my wits end! The pictures you have posted are the exactly the same as mine. My Pug is a 2001 206 cc cab.

HELP PLEASE if you have found solution!

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

Have u purchased my old car ,,,??? No sorry I didn't ever find the fault but I ruled out every other reason and although people told me it couldn't be I strongly suspect it was....I have since found though it's very easy to open and close manually so try that first

Kelly contina

Post by Kelly contina »

I sold my 2001 model last year

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

darienbowie wrote:Dear Kelly,

Did you ever find a solution for the roof problem without pull cord? I am having exactly the same problem and am at my wits end! The pictures you have posted are the exactly the same as mine. My Pug is a 2001 206 cc cab.

HELP PLEASE if you have found solution!
You would be better starting your ownb thread and detail what you have done / tried so far
Please give as much detail as possible as to the symptoms
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.