Roof and Windows not working, fuses all ok

All your roof problems here.
Slo

Re: Roof and Windows not working, fuses all ok

Post by Slo »

The valve will have no bearing on pushing the roof up and closing the boot lid, as the roof pushes against the top of the windscreen it cant go any further thus forcing the hydraulic pressure to the boot lid rams. So if you try the relay trick and the pump goes and nothings happening that's a pretty good indication that's where the fault may lye.

Ill put money on it that the ecu has disabled itself for safety and if so it will need a planet reset.

Windows not working is an odd one though, that points to a microswitch either in the screen catches or the boot position switches.

Of cause all this is presuming its not a wiring fault or a knackered ecu.

And for the record do not press the open relay manually, smashed window and trapped fingers may result.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Hi Ian, Slo, Yes Ian, i tried that, not luck :( as for the ECU reset, planet says the ECU is ok, is a reset separate?, I'll plug planet back onto the car and have a look, i didn't see anything that looked like a reset last time, any idea where abouts it is?. I really do appreciate everyone's time in helping!!!! :big-grin:
2002 02 plate 206 cc (Bought for my Niece:) (Sold)
407 SW :)
2004 206 cc 2l se (joint toy)
Vincent Rapide (My toy!!)
I have PP2000 and can help others locally:)

Slo

Post by Slo »

Clearing the codes/faults is a reset for the roof ecu but if you have switch issues it can just disable it again when you try to use it. Its good practice to have planet connected while your working on the roof that's why its better to have your own device as your not limited by the owners time or expense.
Last edited by Slo on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Have you got oil in the pump?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Hi Slo, Mmmm, I hadn't thought of having planet plugged in whilst checking, I have my own so that's easy enough. As for oil capncol, yup, it's right on the level. I'll go through the switches after work tomorrow, is there an actuator test for the roof and windows?, I couldn't find it when I looked, I know my 407 has it. Cheers for all the thoughts!!

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Ok... I had a good few hours on the car this morning. Put it on Planet, does not read the ecu!, did before...
Went through all switches again and found a pillar switch open circuit again, fixed this, found another switch open, i would say switch I, couldn't fix this, but by the fact that it should read closed circuit by the way it sits i 'faked it', the same with J or K on the diagram, 'faked it' still no joy.
Still no window operation either. Checked all fuses again, All ok.

Is there any plugs / sockets between the roof and window switches on the centre console?, i have followed the drivers side window motor wire (salmon colour) to the ecu, can't locate the grey at the moment, all reads ok on an ohms meter. (Salmon turns to Blue after the door plug / socket, and the grey to white.)

Again, Thanks to all for your help :)

IanL

Post by IanL »

It sounds to me as if you would really benefit from the SEDRE (wiring diagrams and unit location sketches). You can access them online on a payment basis, or install the package, which comes as part of the eManual.

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Hi All, after receiving an offer to buy the car i sold it. I wasn't getting anywhere fast with it :(
On a plus note, my niece now has a Very shiny black 207 cc and the other half and i have bought a 2l 206 cc se :big-grin:
Many Many Thanks for everyones input with trying to solve this problem, i will stay a member of the forum, not only for my (Shhh,Any) future problems, but incase i can help anyone out.

Cheers All :)

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Thanks for feeding back the outcome. It may well help others.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

chjugah

Post by chjugah »

Can Someone help me. I am facing the problem like those described in this forum. I closed the roof and the operation cycle finished with a "bong". Then i wound up both windows. The next day, there is no "bong" sound when i opened up the catches. Windows are no longer working even catches are closed. Checked the Sensors at pillars and booth catches and they are ok though they seems no electricty to the wiring. Send the roof ECU to another town to read the fault. The Techinician used another car and plugged in the roof Ecu and erased the fault of "closing roof exceeded time". Got back the roof ECU and plugged it into my car. No progress. changed the main pump (as i suspected it is weak). Still like before, no progress. Do one had to perform global test on Peugeot Planet once Roof ECU is unplugged? Fuses are ok.

Please assist me.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Only time ours failed was when main switch broke ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

IanL

Post by IanL »

Is the boot blind in place and does the blind sensor microswitch function correctly?

chjugah

Post by chjugah »

Yes, the boot blind was drawn properly. Microswitch is working. Where is the location of the main switch? Are you referring to the switch of the roof? But the window switch is not responding too.

IanL

Post by IanL »

Recheck Fuse 22 in the BSI. If that has gone, neither roof nor windows work.

It would be a good idea to use Planet to check if any faults are present, and reset the Roof ECU by clearing them.

If its not that, check microswitches K and I, shown http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12945.

chjugah

Post by chjugah »

I used pp2000 to do a global test. After that I also used diagbox to perform a global test. Both softwares said the same thing. For sun roof ecu has no replied. A further click, it said check diagnostic line. Is this telling me something wrong with wiring. I have two roof ecu. Both said the same things. I am confused now. The issue of sensors are irrelevant , otherwise the beeping doing will appear. The roof ecu is either sleeping or dead.