Roof and Windows not working, fuses all ok

All your roof problems here.
VinPug

Roof and Windows not working, fuses all ok

Post by VinPug »

Hi All, first of all i must say this is an excellent site!. I have just purchased a 206 cc for my Niece as she needed a car and i have always liked these, i have a 407 SW and have had several 405's and a 406 :) Back to the 206 though, i bought it with the windows and roof not working, no beeping nothing. All the fuses i know about are all ok, i have just put Peugeot Planet on it and it comes up with roof ecu not responding, does anyone have any ideas please?? Many Thanks in advance :)
2002 02 plate 206 cc (Bought for my Niece:) (Sold)
407 SW :)
2004 206 cc 2l se (joint toy)
Vincent Rapide (My toy!!)
I have PP2000 and can help others locally:)

IanL

Re: Roof and Windows not working, fuses all ok

Post by IanL »

Most roof problems are not due to the roof ECU, but it sounds as if this one probably is. It is mounted on the boot bulkhead below the LH speaker. Check wiring connections and for moisture/corrosion.

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Cheers Ian, i'll pop out now and take a look. It is odd that it is all very dead!

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Well, just took a look, it wasn't fixed down properly, and looks as though it has been opened up, so a fairly good chance it's that. I've ordered one off a very good internet auction site :roll: which should be with me by Thursday. I'll post an update as soon as i have fitted it and checked it with Peugeot Planet.

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Well, a little disapointed, the ECU sent does not have the right part number on it :( and the date on it is two years older :( Not only that the board is Totally different so i will not try it. If anyone re reads this post do you know where i can get a wiring diagram for the roof / windows?, i'll also re post for the question Cheers in advance :)

IanL

Post by IanL »

You need the SEDRE , please see posts 7 to 9 in this thread.

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Cheers Ian, so the download @ £9.99, is That the SEDRE?, I've got Service Box, and PP2000. The guy I purchased the ECU from says that all the roof ECU's are the same despite that the numbers are different and the ages are different, is that the case?, the circuit looks Totally different!, and when I tried it, as he said to, the 30A fuse 12 blew. PP2000 doesn't recognise the existing ECU, hence going down the route of trying one. Cheers, Neil

IanL

Post by IanL »

The download is for the complete Service Box and the SEDRE.

I have checked Service Box, and there is only one part number (8446 H1) for the roof ECU for all 206cc, so I would expect that they would all interchange, even if they looked different and were made by different suppliers.

However, your original ECU did not blow the fuse, and the replacement does, so that suggests that the replacement is at fault.

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Well, while i wait for another ECU i downloaded SEDRE, after Lots of problems with java, chrome, internet explorer i was finally able to get it with Firefox. Only to find the processor on my notebook is not compatible with virtual machine :oops: so... its now on my laptop, but i can only get the wiring side of it to work at the moment. I have also compared the ecu's, they seem to have different grounds??, so could be the reason for fuse blowing. So not wanting to get bored, i have also been chasing and following the cables from door motors, switches and the ECU, at present, the next stage is to take the drivers seat out and check a connector block under there. The cables from the drivers door heads down the cill and dives under it(the seat) then to the centre console. At least i'll have good knowledge of the wiring after all of this :big-grin: Hey Ho :big-grin:

IanL

Post by IanL »

VinPug wrote:Well, while i wait for another ECU i downloaded SEDRE, after Lots of problems with java, chrome, internet explorer i was finally able to get it with Firefox. Only to find the processor on my notebook is not compatible with virtual machine :oops: so... its now on my laptop, but i can only get the wiring side of it to work at the moment.......
I take it you mean that the Service Box Backup Documentation is not starting? Does its little blue icon appear in the tray and start flashing? If so, it is booting - it takes an awful long time before the flashing stops and it opens an IE window. Hopefully that will happen. You can avoid a repetition of the long wait by choosing "suspend" instead of "power off" when closing VMWare player. Then when you restart the player, it will reboot from the suspended state in a short time, and the blue icon will already be in the tray. Just click the tray icon to start it.

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Hi, yes the little icon does pop up, but i get the message that

A technical problem occurred.
Please retry to connect later.

It doesn't mater how long you leave it :(

As for the roof, getting back on track!, i now have a correct replacement ECU, of the correct type, the 1st one sent is a totally different circuit. Suprise suprise, still not working, but hey, a box ticked. I'll plug in PP2000 again tomorrow to see it the ECU is seen, it wasn't before, I'll also check that the BSI knows it's got a convertable roof :|
I'll get there in the end :big-grin:
Any ideas welcomly received!!

IanL

Post by IanL »

VinPug wrote:Hi, yes the little icon does pop up, but i get the message that

A technical problem occurred.
Please retry to connect later.

It doesn't mater how long you leave it :(
The "reconnect later" suggests that the software is trying to communicate with the Peugeot server. If you open Internet Explorer, does it show you the MSN homepage (or other home page as selected)? If not, the connection to the internet is probably the issue.

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Yes, MSN homepage opens, the address on the reconnect later page that opens is
http://127.0.0.1:docbackup
It's odd that the wiring diagrams work :hmm:

IanL

Post by IanL »

I suggest you go to http://www.emanualonline.com/support.php and open a support ticket.

VinPug

Post by VinPug »

Will do, cheers