Roof stuck down, PLEASE HELP

All your roof problems here.
gadgetrescue

Re: Roof stuck down, PLEASE HELP

Post by gadgetrescue »

hi again. after all my attempts it was really simple. if you take the black cover off, the one that has the hole in with/without the string, you will see an off white plate with a vertical groove in it. someone said use a screwdriver, but I used a 25 ml chisel. put the blade in the slot and push it down at a slight angle, and voila, the shelf retracts. hope this helps
gadget rescue

gadgetrescue

Post by gadgetrescue »

hi again. can anyone tell me where i'm going wrong trying to close the trunk lid. I follow the video from here, all the way to where it says about putting the jumper clips into the manual locking position, close boot. it then says don't forget to put the clips in automatic locking position, and then close the pressurisation bolt. when I put the clips in manual, and close the boot, the lid is loose. when I open the boot and put it in automatic the trunk lid is then totally free. is it not locking because the roof isn't working, is the roof not working because the trunk lid is loose, or am I, once again, doing something stupidly simple, WRONG.
thanks again
gadget rescue :facepalm:

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Search on here for Slo's relay trick
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Slo

Post by Slo »

It certainly has helped a lot of people out that relay trick, I don't remember if I did a proper guide for it or not, maybe I should, its probably the most important quick fix for anyone with one of these cc's will ever need. At the very least if the car breaks down you can close the roof and leave it secure.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

IanL

Post by IanL »

Yes, please do, Slo. I would like to print a copy and keep it in the glove box.