Working perfect then half open to clean the glass and now br

All your roof problems here.
Tonksy78

Working perfect then half open to clean the glass and now br

Post by Tonksy78 »

Hi I'm new here, decided to clean the other halfs car today in the sunshine when the roof malfunctioned.

The roof has been working perfect, coming on a off daily and then I did something stupid.
I needed to clean the rear screen so I switched the ignition on operated the roof and the let it stop in a half open position to clean the glass. Switched the ignition off grabbed my cloth and then the weight of the roof folded it further back until it touched the boot lid. I then saw the problem quickly switched on the ignition and tried to work the roof but it wasn't doing anything. Then I moved the boot and the roof continued to drop further into the boot.

I the carefully eased the boot down to the closed position and I went to find some help.

I have now put the roof on by the manual way but the roof still fails to operate and the rear latches haven't closed the boot down properly to the closed position.

Totally stuck on where to go next with this one, please help. :hmm:

leegsi

Re: Working perfect then half open to clean the glass and no

Post by leegsi »

Did you reseat the white clips near the boot hinge?

Karrot

Post by Karrot »

Check this out. I had the same issue when i did the same thing :D

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic ... 29#p122346

K
As long as water isn't falling out of the sky, the roof can be down.

Slo

Post by Slo »

forget that i've discovered a much easier way, you will need to have the roof closed and catches on and the tap closed on the pump!!!

open your pump cover, i mean the black rubber housing its sat in.

there are 2 black relays the one on the left controls opening and the one on the right controls closing.

remove the one on the right and pop the cover off it, its a bit fiddly but not hard to do with a small flat screwdriver then push the remains back into the socket

now push on the end and the pump will operate and close all the locks and microswitches properly.

release it when the pump slows down.

refit cover.

now try your switch.

say thank you.

this works every single time to get the roof in the properly closed position and all locks and switches engaged. :hyper:

if you still get beeps or nothing at all it will need resetting with a peugeot planet diagnostic tool as the bsi will have detected a failure to complete an open/close cycle and disabled it for safety which is extremely annoying when its pissing it down believe me :mad: :lol:
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

Kirisute

Post by Kirisute »

as a tip:
you can easily clean the rear glass from inside the boot with the roof down anyway! no need to stop it halfway!
there is plenty of room to spray some glass cleaner and get your hand in a wipe the interior of the screen when the roof is fully down!
Its how I always clean the interior of my rear screen!