How to - Topping up hydraulic fluid in roof pump

All your roof problems here.
Capncol

Re: How to - Topping up hydraulic fluid in roof pump

Post by Capncol »

Thanks.
It makes it easier for people to follow rather than have to alternate between two separate threads. :thumbs:
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Michael59

Post by Michael59 »

You are welcome and I thank you!

donna206cc

Post by donna206cc »

after purchasing my 206 last night roof wont open so thank you or this post am away to check if its the oil as the motor is making a noise like it wants to open lol

Firebhoy

Post by Firebhoy »

Just followed the above procedure. The roof works perfectly now. Excellent site.

Murf

Post by Murf »

I tried the one in the manual with no success. I eventually found that the one in the pic I’ve attached is the easiest one to use. I bought a meat basting syringe and it worked really well. Tilt the pump so the reservoir is at the bottom and just syringe the oil in. Works great.
CAE0B281-6C38-44FE-89E6-0C4741B642E4.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PowerFlower

Post by PowerFlower »

Brilliant write up in this topic. Just fixed my 2002's roof using this guide :Yes:
Murf wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:56 am I tried the one in the manual with no success. I eventually found that the one in the pic I’ve attached is the easiest one to use. I bought a meat basting syringe and it worked really well. Tilt the pump so the reservoir is at the bottom and just syringe the oil in. Works great. CAE0B281-6C38-44FE-89E6-0C4741B642E4.jpeg
Thank you so much for this addition too... there's no ball ball bearing behind that one, so no pressure needed :) Much easier than removing the reservoir!