Last steps in closing/resetting the roof manually

All your roof problems here.
Capncol

Re: Last steps in closing/resetting the roof manually

Post by Capncol »

The pull cord wasn't always fitted. You can lift the ram by reaching underneath with your finger.
Why did you do a reset? Wasn't the roof working?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

steve747

Post by steve747 »

Hi
No the roof wouldn't operate,since the battery was disconnected..
Thats why im going to try and do a reset..everything was working fine just before battery was disconnected..
That doesn't explain the problem with the boot lid then . (pull cord not in all models..)

Thanks
Steve747 :thumbs:

Slo

Post by Slo »

A bsi reset wont fix a roof issue as its a separate ecu that controls it, infact it will probably make it worse if its not in the fully closed position during the reset as the ecu will assume its faulty and disable it completely for safety.

You need pp2k for that.

You could try a neat trick I have discovered, if you look inside the pumps rubber housing there are 2 black relays, the left one is for opening, the right one for closing.

After making sure that the hydraulic tap is closed, pop the cover off the right relay and physically press the contact inside and the pump will close all the latches including the boot lid latches, make sure you have the top hooks in place before you try this :!:

If you get beeps after this pp2k is the only option.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

steve747

Post by steve747 »

Hi
The pp2k am i right saying i will have to put the car in Peugeot's on a pp2k software to correct the problem?
The hydraulic tap where can i find this and how to close it?
You say press the contacts on the relay would i i have to do this with a electrical screw driver.

Many thanks for your reply's..

Slo

Post by Slo »

Your welcome pp2k (peugepto planet 2000) is peugeot own diagnostic software, there are plenty of people that have it and a chinese copy of the diagnostic device called lexia and the software that will be able to help you out.

The hydraulic tap is that hole that you put the allan key into to release the pressure so you can put the roof up or down manually.

Its safe to use your finger on top of the relay inside its only 12 volts, when you pop the cover you'll see how it works. Don't be alarmed by the pump suddenly working and make sure nothing can be trapped while you are operating it manually arms n fingers out of the way, by the way you can do this with the boot open to make it easier as long as the top half is dropped down.

steve747

Post by steve747 »

Hi
i will give it a go next weekend.
Should the latches inside the car beep when opened, because i think only the drivers side only beeps.
i have tried opening the passenger side first but no beep until driver side is opened up..
do i have to have the engine running for this procedure?
is the software easy to work out .can i get some help through it ..

Thank for the help Very appreciated..
:thumbs:

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

The skill is knowing what is relavent and what isn't
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

steve747

Post by steve747 »

Capncol wrote:The skill is knowing what is relavent and what isn't
That doesn't seem to be any answer im looking for ..

Thanks

Slo

Post by Slo »

My car only bongs when i pull the drivers side latch too strange that, as for the software, after doing a full scan its just a case of reading the errors or codes and just clearing them, a monkey could use it.

What Col is referring to is its quite easy to use but there's a vast amount of options, you can make a right pigs ear of it if you go changing things blindly and not everything it tells you is plain obvious of the cause, like if a sensor stops working it tells you that its shorted to earth or positive because it cant detect a signal from it etc etc

You don't need the ignition on to do the relay trick never mind have the engine running but be aware that you are forcing it manually there are no bongs or stop when it reaches home it will just keep pumping while your pressing it so when the pump gets louder and slows down you are at the end of its travel ok :thumbs:

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

steve747 wrote:
Capncol wrote:The skill is knowing what is relavent and what isn't
That doesn't seem to be any answer im looking for ..

Thanks
We will of course help as much as we can...

OK I'll try and clarify.
People expect PP (or any other diagnostic software) to give a faulty component to change and all will be well, except this often isn't the case. If you have several fault codes showing, you need to know which one is the one causing your problem (or if any are relevant at all) It may be something else not shown as a fault.
I can give you an example (although this was on a Mercedes, using Mercedes equivelent of PP, the principles will be the same)
Look at the 5th post by me. Symptoms were poor starting.
Only fault codes given were "glow plugs cylinder 1, so change the glow plug right? Wrong!
The actual fault was not shown as a fault but was low fuel rail pressure found by using live data.
And the fix? Replaced the "O"rings in the pressure reg.

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14101

Another analagy I use is....
Think of a table lamp at home that is not lighting up, you know it's dark in your room, but not sure why so you plug in PP.
PP says "open circuit in table lamp", now you want to replace table lamp as that's what PP says is faulty. In reality, it could just be unplugged, bulb blown, fuse blown, fault in electric flex, fault in wiring to socket outlet. fuse blown in consumer unit etc:
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

steve747

Post by steve747 »

Hi
Yes i understand that the fault may not be the direct fault showing .
i still have a little work on the car as well as the roof problem to sort out , for the MoT for next week coming.
i appreciate all the feed back.
i will let you know when i have more positive fault diagosis..

Thanks

steve747

Post by steve747 »

Hi Everyone
Just to keep everyone informed, There was no fault with the roof i removed the SH fuse while ignition on. The roof was slightly open before doing reset. The roof beeped because the boot was open so i put into electric mode with the two white pins, then it closed the boot correctly.
Started from scratch every thing working fine now ,...

Thanks for all your comments it was very much appreciated..
steve

adam.darwin

Post by adam.darwin »

Hi need help. Bought a cc the other day for the missis and had the roof down. Tried to get it back up but no success. A friend has managed to manually close it. I have no idea what these white blood etc look like. Can I have some pics so I know what to look for.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

adam.darwin

Post by adam.darwin »

Hi thanks for response.i have tried what you suggested from the diagram but no success. All I am getting is one long continuous beep

Adam