INSIDER INFO 4 WHEN ROOF LID/COVER WONT OPEN!

All your roof problems here.
lia1988

Re: INSIDER INFO 4 WHEN ROOF LID/COVER WONT OPEN!

Post by lia1988 »

Hi,
I have tried moving the white clips on the boot lid and tried to reopen my roof but all it does is beep, no movement in the roof whatsoever
Has anyone got any idea what else I can try or any other ideas what to do?
Thanks

tigger2006

Post by tigger2006 »

Did you have to turn the white plugs 90 degrees up then push them back in or down then push them in as I am having the same issues.

Kelliangelacorsano

Post by Kelliangelacorsano »

Hello, I have looked in the boot but I can't work out what these white plugs are?

I have 2001 206cc not sure if mine is older and perhaps doesn't have them?

My roof had to be closed manually as it will not open or close, and it now beeps continuously whilst I am driving it. Is there a wire or a fuse that can be disabled temporarily until I have the roof fixed?

Hope you can help! Kelli

In the boot on the lid at the sides near the hinges there are two white loops. If you pull them out and turn them 90 degrees then push them back in - the problem is very often solved straight away.

molly

Post by molly »

Also check when you closed the boot locks with the white tips on, that they are all the way latched in.
My own car was like that untill i double checked both sides, and i could see one boot lock was hardly locked in, when i pulled the lock all the way home, beeping stopped.

NeedSomeSun

Post by NeedSomeSun »

The white plugs are located at the top rear of each side of the boot, the part which is nearest your rear window when opening. They are U shaped. They need to be turned to the UPWARD setting.

vinniejones

Post by vinniejones »

:( on tryin to put roof down on our 53plate 206cc locking clips open mesh shelf in boot inplace on pressin the button there is no beeping noise and nothing happens not even windows,i press the buttons and nothing
also wen pressing the switch there is no beepin wat number is it in the fuse box where i could locate to check

quiksilver

Post by quiksilver »

Turned out to be the battery

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Thank you for letting us know.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

cue_girlno1

Post by cue_girlno1 »

Hi all,

I'm having roof issues with my Pug. It has become more and more temperamental as each summer goes by - sometimes working, sometimes not, sometimes beeping, sometimes not! Went to use it the other day and it isn't working. I unclipped both hooks and no beep. I unclipped both hooks whilst driving along (which I'm assuming it shouldn't let me do without beeping) - no beep. I then wiggled the right hand hook a bit and then it beeped. Would this perhaps suggest an issue with door sensors on the hooks? I've had so many different problems with the roof which seem to change all the time! Last summer I thought the sensor on the parcel shelf was causing a problem but now I'm lost!

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!
Suzie

cue_girlno1

Post by cue_girlno1 »

Forgot to say - after it did beep it then did nothing when i pressed the main roof switch (which has already been changed once about two years ago)....

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

I would imagine then it's the two microswitches in the roof/screen supports that are sticking or broken to do that. Both have to register that they are open for the roof to move. I'd start there ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

cue_girlno1

Post by cue_girlno1 »

Thought that may be likely, thanks! :thumbs: :) how do I actually check the switches? I found the switch map on another thread but not too sure what to look for! Peugeot have quoted £50 for every half an hour of plugging it into the diagnostics machine and even then can't promise they'll find out what is wrong. In two minds whether to take it there - last option I expect!

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Put your location in your profile then we can see if someone is close enough to offer a hand ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

cue_girlno1

Post by cue_girlno1 »

I'm near Southampton :)

tonybed

Post by tonybed »

Hello.
Just joined up to see if someone can offer advice on a friends 53 plate 206cc.
The roof has worked well since owning the car untill last week.
The roof was put down fine but when it was put back up the cycle didnt finish.
The roof stopped just before it got to fully closed position.
She pushed it closed by hand but then the boot wouldnt lock down.
I read online about using the allen key in the motor and turning anti clockwise.I did this then turned the white hoops to allow the boot to catch and lock which it now does.
I then turned the allen key back to original position and put the white hoops back to where they should be.
Now when I get in the car...
Release locking handles and press the roof switch and I just get the bleeping under the drivers side of the dash.
I have checked the microswitch for the blind and that is clicking fine so dont think thats anything to do with it.
Can anyone offer any advice please as to what to look at/check next?
Ive phoned local Peugeot dealer in Torquay and they werent very helpful and want £86 per hour to plug it in and still cant assure that it will work after.
Any help would be really appreciated!
Thanks.