INSIDER INFO 4 WHEN ROOF LID/COVER WONT OPEN!

All your roof problems here.
kevboy6

Post by kevboy6 »

im in need of some help :( my peugeot 206cc wont fully open its roof when it does start to move the boot lid opens n roof moves to a half way position and then the car bleeps to let me no that its no going any further have tried moving the white pins as said in above with no luck at all any ideas or tips welcome also when it closes it seems as if one side of the boot lid is as if one side is locking and one side isnt

Bryan Allan

Post by Bryan Allan »

i have exactly the same problem with my daughters car any help please.

the chipster

Bryan Allan

Post by Bryan Allan »

Does anyone have the wiring diagram and/or the hydraulic diagram for the roof circuit, this would help emmensely. This way we could work out and compile a trouble shoting guide to assit all owners.

lalanne

Post by lalanne »

I've got a 53 plate 206cc which had been in an accident... the roof would not work but was again making all the noises. All that needed to be done was to change the poasition of the allan key which released emargency pressure due to the accident. The roof now moves back into the boot but the boot will not close. Does anyone have any idea as to how this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks

GOC

Re: INSIDER INFO 4 WHEN ROOF LID/COVER WONT OPEN!

Post by GOC »

These posts about the roof are reallly great. The only downer on picking up my 03 black 206cc wasthat the roof refused to go down the mechanic took her out to the peugeot dealer to sort it out but came back afew minutes later with the top down saying an bell rang so he tried it again and it worked! Have used it without trouble a couple of times since and seems ok.

Hornung

Re:

Post by Hornung »

kevboy6 wrote:im in need of some help :( my peugeot 206cc wont fully open its roof when it does start to move the boot lid opens n roof moves to a half way position and then the car bleeps to let me no that its no going any further have tried moving the white pins as said in above with no luck at all any ideas or tips welcome also when it closes it seems as if one side of the boot lid is as if one side is locking and one side isnt

I also have exact this problem, did you solve ours ??

Jackyd99

Post by Jackyd99 »

Samantha's post has been most helpful. Manually closed the roof yesterday (with the help of 4 helpful blokes.)Beeping won't stop! Have covered the car as it's raining (juzst in case), but will reset it when the rain stops. My partner slammed the boot right before it got stuck and I thought that may have caused a problem. Once I get it reset, anyone help me with a boot slamming boyfriend? ;-)

DRAPER

Post by DRAPER »

this happens to mine all the time and my fix lasts about a month before having to do it again

open the boot and one either side of the bit that lifts up is two white clips, these move in and out to operate the boot lid and parcel shelf etc, all i do is wiggle them a bit and spray some silicon/grease on them to help them move more freely, when you see them you will know what i mean

just move them out there position, and put them back and try the roof, sorts it for mine everytime

quiksilver

Post by quiksilver »

Hi all I'm new to this,

hope your all doing well?

I have recently purchased a 206cc, but when I try to open the roof, it beeps, I know the battery is weak, could this be the reason behind it?

PS also have the airbag light on, anyway to sort this out, tried it on the machine but no luck.
Also the seems like previous owner has sprayed something on the dash(cockpit) where the heater settings are as this has a fading black colour

Many thanks in advance

Quiksilver

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

If you know the battery is shot, you should relace that anyway. Lot's of problems caused by duff batteries on newer, plexed Peugeots but you don't say what year yours is.
What EXACTLY happens when you try the roof?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

quiksilver

Post by quiksilver »

Capncol wrote:If you know the battery is shot, you should relace that anyway. Lot's of problems caused by duff batteries on newer, plexed Peugeots but you don't say what year yours is.
What EXACTLY happens when you try the roof?

Hi Capncol,
many thanks for your prompt reply.

Sorry forgot to mention its on a 05 plate

When I press the roof button it just beeps, (I release the roof catches before pressing the button)

Kind regards

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

'05 plate-definately put a new battery on it following correct procedure (on this site)
Windows don't go down?
If the luggage blind is in place, check the microswitch for the blind is functioning correctly.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I'd just add that the 206cc battery is different from the one for the hatchback. Make sure you get the correct (taller) one for your car. If you source it from your Peugeot main dealer you should get it right first time.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

quiksilver

Post by quiksilver »

Capncol wrote:'05 plate-definately put a new battery on it following correct procedure (on this site)
Windows don't go down?
If the luggage blind is in place, check the microswitch for the blind is functioning correctly.
Hi, thanks again for your reply.

Yes windows don't go down at all and luggage blind is in place, how ever does the car also need to be in neutral with handbrake applied?

Thanks again

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I never operate the roof without the engine running, too much risk of flattening the battery mid-cycle. And don't switch off the ignition until the cycle is complete. In fact don't touch anything else - like undoing a seatbelt!
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)