INSIDER INFO 4 WHEN ROOF LID/COVER WONT OPEN!

All your roof problems here.
tonybed

Re: INSIDER INFO 4 WHEN ROOF LID/COVER WONT OPEN!

Post by tonybed »

Also worth mentioning that all the windows work fine when using the window buttons but not when using the roof switch which I think should lower the windows automatically?
Everytime ive ever put the roof down I opened the windows by there own switches.I wasnt aware untill reading this forum that the roof switch would lower the windows....am I correct in saying this?

kitten

Post by kitten »

Could the constant bleeping also signal that a fuse has blown?I've checked everything that I can and followed all advice,just the fuses left to check.

bpfh

Post by bpfh »

This post just saved my bacon!

I got my 206 on the cheap following a scary Peugeot diagnostic about contacts not working, in the end, it was just a previously (nicely) repaired wire that had broken just under the original repair, in a thermo sleeve, but after this I could not fathom why the boot finally locked and unlocked but would not move.

Resetting the white U catches solved the problem. It did not want to stow on the first attempt but subsequent roof open/closes went without a hitch.

No more beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep is so nice, and driving around my town, at 11:30 PM, 1°C on the dash thermometer, top down, priceless :big-grin:

Justfayelouise

Post by Justfayelouise »

Mine stopped working the motor apparantly 1500 for peugeot to fix LOL! Double what I got the car for!! I can now get my roof up and down manually in 2 mins practice makes perfect ;) with the lack of sun we get in the UK anyway it's not worth paying anything to fix a roof on these cars x

AlexBujuk

Post by AlexBujuk »

I have the peugeot 206cc 2005 1.6 diesel the roof worked perfectly and one day i get inside the back put the cover and when i started the car opened the roof clips i beeps and when i pres the button to open the roof the windows wont go down and its beeping can someone tell me whats the problem or what should i do ?

tenpole

Post by tenpole »

Read this thread would be a good start.
206cc 1.6 2002 Silver.
L200 2.4 Forlife (wifes)
CB 400/4 (garaged for 15 years)

AlexBujuk

Post by AlexBujuk »

???

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Start with the microswitch on the load cover pull out blind.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

I think tenpole means to read through the roof forum. Most problems have come up several times, including ones like yours along with the various fixes that people have used.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

peggypug

Post by peggypug »

Thank you so much im so glad I found this

tenpole

Post by tenpole »

And presented with such wit and charm don't you think.
206cc 1.6 2002 Silver.
L200 2.4 Forlife (wifes)
CB 400/4 (garaged for 15 years)