Suggestion for Site

Do you have a suggestion for the site, wish to leave feedback - do it here.
Edz_04

Suggestion for Site

Post by Edz_04 »

Appreciate there is the Interior and Exterior sections of the site, but I'm wondering if there is any merit to having a dedicated Review Section where members could post reviews of numerous items and comment on quality, ease of use etc. For example:

Car cleaning products
Tyres
Maintenance / repair items (Shocks, brakes pads, exhaust etc)
Tools

tenpole

Re: Suggestion for Site

Post by tenpole »

I would prefer a general posting section as there are so few members it would be easy to see the posts.
206cc 1.6 2002 Silver.
L200 2.4 Forlife (wifes)
CB 400/4 (garaged for 15 years)

Edz_04

Post by Edz_04 »

Sorry - yes, that's what I meant, a general review section which could cover multiple items, even services e.g. dent removal.

finn67

Post by finn67 »

Hi I'm new on the Forum - today actually (Xmas Day) I have just bought my Sister and Niece a Pug 206cc on a 54 plate - the car has been really well looked after, one owner FSH etc.... My suggestion is regarding Part Numbers listings in it's own section and a members 'how to' section where those with mechanical skills can take photo's as they go and with a description of the work being done, can assist those who wish to have a go, even those experienced mechanics can always learn something when working on a particular make for the first time etc.. Everyday a school day!

I went through the manual and as with every other, anything more serious than washing the car and it a return to manufacturer advisory lol as for part numbers - forget it! I am teaching my Niece to drive and want to buy a clutch kit ready to go in as soon as needed and the auxiliary belt is at the end of it's life and will be replaced as soon as trade commences after the holidays - The dealer is going to try and obtain the last timing belt change, if he can't obtain it 100% certain then I'll be changing that too.

Well presented forum though lads - well done!

tenpole

Post by tenpole »

Merry Christmas
206cc 1.6 2002 Silver.
L200 2.4 Forlife (wifes)
CB 400/4 (garaged for 15 years)

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

For part numbers I suggest you set yourself up an account on servicebox which shows you those for free esp if you have the vin number. Make sure you only use the free services though ... Just google it.

As for how-tos ... There are already a few of these but the forum is divided by area of the car so you find them under Roof, etc. Saw you've already introduced yourself on 206info so I won't suggest them as an alternative source of hints.

And when it comes to getting parts do try your local Peugeot dealer who you might find more competitive than fleabay. And remember a lot of parts are shared on Citroen models and use same part nos.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

IanL

Post by IanL »

For a more or less complete selection of "how-to's" there is probably nothing better than the repair procedures in the Peugeot Service Box. Unfortunately, the online version is only accessible by subscription, but you can install it on your PC for instant access by buying the software. It is available on EBay, but is very lengthy and not very straightforward to install (as in the noise when a twig breaks), and takes a long time to boot.

For a few dollars (well, pounds) more, you can get it from e manuals. The beauty of this is that you get not only the full documentation for all Peugeots, but also the SEDRE (wiring diags, etc) in a pre-installed virtual machine which will run on any Windows or Mac computer. And the absolute killer is that, if you suspend the VM instead of closing it when you shut down the computer, it re-starts in seconds. And you don't need to be online to use it. Highly recommended - I use it frequently.

EDIT - it is 12Gb to download, so you may want to opt for the DVD version (same price).

finn67

Post by finn67 »

I duplicated the entry :sorry:
Last edited by finn67 on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

finn67

Post by finn67 »

First class information Gazza and Ian, much appreciated. I did notice the How 2's in the various categories as I was having a surf through. As the car is for my sister and I won't be driving it much, I like to know about any issues that have happened to more than one or two people so I can make preventative checks if possible as well as checking various methods for different jobs, it's the first Pug I have had any dealings with in all my years and I'm never adverse to learning about different techniques especially on a new Make, the time you can save just by knowing how a part is best removed is invaluable and since the advent of the internet, I have found that not only do the experts on a forum usually know more than the main stealers part changers about the vehicles, they are the most helpful bunch of people you could hope and I am proud to associate myself as such!

On my car forum we have one chap who has become such an expert on an issue that should have been a full recall - (and they know it) 'timing chain replacement' - that one stealership garage who was aware of his expertise and the fact that the majority of members have given him their work, actually contacted him to ask him something related to the job!

In fairness there was only 1001 of the model produced in UK with only I think 820 left, I doubt many fitters have come across the very complex engine and timing set up. I quietly admire the man for having the guts to admit he didn't know and to ask someone from a forum how he should proceed, at least the owner didn't get a return with the engine destroyed!

Anyway Happy New year to you all and I've no doubt I'll be on the forum often enough and thanks again for your replies and very useful information

PS Ian I have just nipped onto the e-manual site, the DVD version is an extra £6. Also I forgot to say I agreed with you both about the parts and the stealers, I always usually check with them for the price of OEM and will certainly pay the extra within reason, I don't like cheap parts because my first priority with any car is safety especially someone else's, cheap parts fail sooner in most cases and are often of poor build quality, the VW ad with the guy buying the parachute is a brilliant analogy of quality over price - I know sometimes if the money isn't there then sadly people have no choice but if the finances are available, the quality part is definitely the way to go. I will be taking a more in depth look at the world of Peugeot 206cc in the new year anyway - everyday a school day lads! lol