car will not start

Do you have a suggestion for the site, wish to leave feedback - do it here.
Slo

Re: car will not start

Post by Slo »

Doubt he will be able to get the shaft out with the weight of the gearbox hanging onto the end of it and it being twisted.

Get a thick post down near the front of the car and a long fence post that you can use as a seesaw then use your leg/s as the lifter leaving your arms free to manipulate the box back into place so you can put the mount back on temporarily then remove the shaft.

The speedo drive will already be toast and need replacing but if you keep struggling with it you risk bending the shaft or cracking the bell housing.
2003 03'reg Peugeot 206cc 1997cc Manual

kevg

Post by kevg »

Hi Col.
Yes I have undone the hub nut and the lower wishbone bottom ball joint, do I need to completely remove the two bolts from the support bearing?
I cannot see where I can hit the hub cleanly to remove the shaft.
Cheers

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Yes remove 2 bolts. Hit the end of the shaft where you removed hub nut
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

kevg

Post by kevg »

Hi Col, if I hit the end of the shaft won't it end up pushing the other end further in to the gearbox?
cheers

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Not if you are pulling hub away.
The idea is to pull the hub outwards while knocking the shaft through, much the same as you must have done on passenger side.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

I had to gently drift the shaft bearing out of the carrier from the gearbox side when I did our HDi .. it was the original shaft and had been in there over ten years so wasn't going to drop out.

As the complete shaft was being replaced I probably wasn't as gentle as I should have been :oops: but don't hit the carrier as it creases easily!

The bolts on that carrier are odd in that they have offset heads ..
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

kevg

Post by kevg »

Thanks for all the advice, I now need a step by step guide on how to replace the cambelt and water pump, if anyone could help I would appreciate it greatly.
Its the 2.0ltr petrol engine.

Cheers

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

There is a guide on this forum for the 1.6. The 2.0 is virtually the same.
http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11459
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

kevg

Post by kevg »

hi everyone, the clutch is now done, had to have the gear box repaired cost me 45 quid so not to bad, its all back together now and back on its wheels and the car is running, gears shifting correctly etc.

Still got a couple of niggles; the fan don't seem to work, top and bottom hoses are getting hot after about 20mins, but the gauge is now getting high after about 45 mins with the heater on full.

Just to knock my duck right off the roof has just failed open, I open it so I can get in and out easier.
Don't have a clue what to do at the moment, when I operate the switch there is a bleeping noise but nothing happens, I had my mate listen at the back end but he heard nothing, all the windows work with the two switches on the console, could it be the switch?

The only thing I have done recently is I washed the car last nigh!

I have had to cover it with a tarpaulin tonight.

I hope someone can help

many thanks

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Have a search for Slo's relay trick.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

kevg

Post by kevg »

I am still working on my 206cc, like I said the roof failed last year, the other day I moved the car to turn it round on the drive, tried the roof and it worked but very slow, could it be something to do with the car standing for a long period of time?
Also if your car is fitted with Peugeots locking wheel nuts then TOP TIP get them off quick and bin them, I just spent hours and hours getting one off.

kevg

Post by kevg »

Hi, ok so got the roof to work now, it was the boot switch.
So now the airbag light is on, done the trick under both seats but still on, got a diagnostic guy on it and his computer is saying it has an airbag ECU intermittent fault, great!!
I have thought it might be an earth fault, checked all the earth locations on the car and all but one are ok, cleaned the rusty one up behind the LH headlight but still the light is on and on the centre pod.
Do I just need to swap out the ECU or does anyone have any other ideas?

Cheers