53 plate 1.6 allure gearbox needed

Want something, have something someone else may want? check here...
Kerry

53 plate 1.6 allure gearbox needed

Post by Kerry »

Having just replaced the hydraulic clutch my gearbox has now gone..nitemare as myself and my daughter both rely on the car for work struggled to pay for clutch and now we are In Desperate need of a gearbox at a good price..anyone that can help We would be very grateful...

Capncol

Re: 53 plate 1.6 allure gearbox needed

Post by Capncol »

Hi Kerry. Try ebay. You need an MA5 gearbox 2002 onward from Peugeot 206 / 307 / Some Citroens (Berlingo van)
Your old gearbox may be repairable. What are the symptoms?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Enright

Post by Enright »

Kerry, could I just add that adding your location to your profile might help people to help you too.
I know of a gearbox specilist in Nottingham, and a Pug CC breaker in Cheshire. Possibly no use if you're in Cornwall or Inverness, but who knows?
BCingU,
Neil. ;)

Mine: Daily driver; Mk2 MG ZS+ (TD). Current projects; 2 x Lotus Elan SE Turbos
Previous project: 56 plate 206 CC 1.6 Sport (with added Allure!)

Kerry

Post by Kerry »

Hi thanks for your replies the car is stuck in st Austell ATM where the clutch went last week we live in plymouth managed to get clutch sorted n woke up this morning to a message from the guy who done the clutch sayin the gearbox had gone aswel which was a shock as it was fine???? Do I need to get a gearbox for a cc or is 206/307 ok???thanks for your help massively appreciated

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

As I said above, that gearbox was used in several cars. Getting one from a 1.6 CC will ensure the correct gearing though, but will limit your choices. These gearboxes are quite simple, so what are they saying is wrong with it?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.