GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Yes please reap.

Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

reap

Post by reap »

blimey.
im gonna start my own peugeot electronics course :D
then you will begin to understand why we sometimes find it hard to find out why your car has a fault...then you would appritate how diffacult it has become to fix modern cars and asocciated electronics....and maybe wont be so free in calling us monkeys. :lol:

but will deffo do basics if anyone really interested?
:0

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Yep!

Everybody calls me Monkey. Especially my grandaughters - they call me GrandadMonkey - hence my nickname. Nothing to do with being a mechanic. I'm an early retired bank manager. Now work for some friends in an engineering firm. It's like having someone pay me to play in my garage and on the computer. Better than banking at my time of life. No stress!

(GrandadMonkey?.............Comes with being hirsute.

Ron :mfight:
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Lyndon
Site Admin

Post by Lyndon »

thx for the reap, been very very useful to a lot of this forums users, long may it continue :D
Webmaster and Admin - http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk

wilfturn

Re: accelerator sticking

Post by wilfturn »

It has happened to me twice now and scared the living daylights out of me. Luckily was on a straight road and just switched the engine off. Thought it was matt first time it happened but now not sure. When I change gear it is almost like the clutch dosen't engage properly. Don't really know how to describe but am going to call my Garage and get them to check it out. I have fuli no claims and have been driving for years and know by the way the car drives something is not right and I have even removed car matt and still have the problem.

wilfturn

Post by wilfturn »

I have tried with matts and no matts and still have problem. Last time I was doing about 40mph and tried to reach down and pull matt back but matt was held in place so hadnt moved so switched engine off before revs blew the engine up! Very scary for a second but stayed calm and put hazards on as soon as I knew it was a problem and as was driving in a straight line wouldn't have to turn steering whell with no powere steering.

IanL

Post by IanL »

The answer is given on the previous page. The throttle is electronically controlled. The pedal unit has a variable resistor in it which is not repairable when it goes wrong. A replacement part is needed.