Squeaky brakes *reference for new pads available*

All your other probs if any.
Alex LS

Post by Alex LS »

Mine have just started squeaking again within the last couple of weeks. I guess the only real solution is to get new (non-Pug) grooved discs & pads.
"It is not an ordinary job. It is not like being manager of Aston Villa." - Gérard Houllier

[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=386]Owner #386[/url] - [url=http://alexlslfc.users.btopenworld.com/pug/][u]My pug stuff[/u][/url]

suzanne

Post by suzanne »

Hi, new to the site and was extremley interested due to the whole squeeky brake problem - I am having the same issues both with the car and my dealer - my car is a 52 plate - 10k mileage and I am getting nowhere fast with the dealer, this problem has taken all the fun I used to get out of driving my cc away, its soo embarassing i am thinking of getting rid of the car, I really thought it was only my car that did this! - im sick of people staring at the car when i break!

Has anyone had any feedback from peugeot to see if they are accepting that this is a common problem as my dealer says its only my car!!!! :twisted:

DPH

Post by DPH »

There are new pads that aren't meant to squeek, Reap (our resident Pug God) has been asked for the part number and has also put some of his own findings in the following post -

http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/modules.p ... pic&t=8840

suzanne

Post by suzanne »

Many thanks for that info and link, I have been advised by my local dealer that they will write to peugeot on my behalf to see if they are willing to accept this on the warrenty - (not holding my breath!) but I have also emailed them myself so lets see what happens - watch this space, but I feel a watchdog email coming on!...

HelsBels

Post by HelsBels »

Suzanne, I contacted Pug UK about my squeaks. Hartwell in Dunstable looked and said they couldnt hear or find any fault, I then rang up another dealership and I was told that I'd have to pay for anything - even them looking at my brake pads!

Having contacted PUG UK, a guy called back to say they were unaware that this was a problem on these cars (yeah right!) and that I have to take it back to the garage - that failed to hear it on the first visit about this! They will look but if there is no manufacturing fault, they won't be able to do anything or anything for free. My cc is 9 months old with 3700 miles on the clock.

I too feel a swift email to Watchdog might get them to put their arses into gear and sort out this problem!

It is clearly a problem but they are reluctant to admit to this - something needs to be done! You don't pay nearly £15,000 to have a car with an added extra of squeaky brakes!
Cruisin 206cc Quiksilver Babe ;)

DPH

Post by DPH »

There is no way Peugeot don't know anything about this problem. Although certain dealers will probably try and market it as an anti theft device....can't steal it from outside your house if it is louder than Paris Hiltons bedsprings :lol:

traceys

Post by traceys »

:rotfl:
Life's too short to drive around with your roof up.

DPH

Post by DPH »

:wave: Traceys...long time no abuse in the monkey forum :D

Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

The link above to Reap's post no longer works (at least not for me). Can someone put up a new link? Is there a permanent cure for squeaky brakes?

dublass

Post by dublass »

I have just bought a lovelu blue 206cc.... have been wanting one for ages... granted it is second hand 2003 reg... 36,000miles on the clock.....

breaks squeaked when test driving... told garage... said they would fix... took home... breaks squeaked... took back (had to pay for insurance transfer!!! and for petrol to hire car!!) got car back.... less petrol.... breaks squeak.... really annoying... warranty for me only three months.... what can I ask the garage to do???

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Copaslip on the back of the pads and where they slide.

Ron
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

daveb

Post by daveb »

Yep! Had this squeeky problem. Coated back of all brake pads with copper grease - silence!!!:thumbs:

jeyjey

Post by jeyjey »

Really is there any damage or effect for the car. If not I ll try mine :love-thx:

daveb

Post by daveb »

Dead easy to do and has no effect on braking, in fact because I'm not cagiliy puting my foot on the brake (trying to avoid the squeeking) it gives you more guts to brake with confidence.