Does your engine cut out?

All your other probs if any.
Capncol

Re: Does your engine cut out?

Post by Capncol »

wales1975 wrote: Anyhow, I changed all the spark plugs and dropped in an OEM coilpack, checked the battery etc. My car hates being started in the mornings when its cold it misfires a little and revs idle at 1200 rpm for 2 minutes then all is well again. Might try getting injectors cleaned.
Regarding your misfire, use the search facility at the top and search for 2.0 tappets.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

wales1975

Post by wales1975 »

Thanks again Capncol. I had the tappets done last year trying to resolve the issue, but it didn't fix the problem for me, I have been going through all the common faults trying to restore my car to as near as possible to 100% but can't seem to iron the cold misfire issue out. The car runs great after its warm, its producing 35mpg and the power delivery seems fine.
2002 206cc 2.0SE - Manual gearbox.

wales1975

Post by wales1975 »

Update for my problem. I plugged in my diagnostics kit and a few minor issues, misfire and engine coolant error. I changed the ECT sensor and reset the codes, after 2 cold starts the engine idles well and there are no errors stored... Heres hoping my issue is fixed.
2002 206cc 2.0SE - Manual gearbox.

Nick Bullen

Post by Nick Bullen »

1. 1.6
2. Registered 07. 2003. Don't know about multiplex
3. We have an intermittent problem. Engine starts from cold first time. But when stop at traffic lights the Engine cuts out on idling in neutral . Does not restart. Starter motor is working fine. Have to wait for around 15 mins and then will restart . Happens all the time so is nearly undriveable. Took it to local garage. They plugged in diagnostics but found nothing and could not reproduce the problem.
He did say that may need a new control box for about £700 but we are not confident this will fix the problem.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Nick

Enright

Post by Enright »

Start from the cheapest stuff and work your way up. Do plugs, crank position sensor and then coil packs. These are all things that would fail eventually anyway, so if any of them don't solve your problem, you'll still have them in reserve for when you DO need them.
BCingU,
Neil. ;)

Mine: Daily driver; Mk2 MG ZS+ (TD). Current projects; 2 x Lotus Elan SE Turbos
Previous project: 56 plate 206 CC 1.6 Sport (with added Allure!)

Jay1986

Post by Jay1986 »

Hi I have a 52 reg 206 1.4 hdi that keeps cutting out whilst driving along with no warnings. Even when not cutting out it will keep pulling backwards had a ecu reading showing that the clutch sensor was faulty replaced this and had it serviced and the problem keeps cropping up. It did it last night on the way home I've tried all I can think of to repair this but everything I replace will let it run right for a week then again the problem crops up any ideas of what this could be any help would be much appreciated thanks. My partner now refuses to drive the car as doesn't trust it. Is it just worth part exing the car as really beyond a joke now spending all my free time under the bonnet looking for faults.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

A clutch sensor won't cause it to cut out. It will just limit max RPM.
I assume it starts up straight away, and you have checked all under bonnet connectors and wiring?
Get someone to plug in the diagnostics and ask them to print any fault codes and print a snapshot of live data at idle and about 1500RPM. I'm especially interested in rail pressure. but would like to see all parameters
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Jay1986

Post by Jay1986 »

I have a 1.4 hdi that keeps pulling back from time to time and cuts out at all sorts of speeds weather accelerating or breaking any ideas on what this could be because it's getting rather dangerous and missus refuses to drive it now. Not sure weather to just part ex and just move on tried everything I can think of to fix it

Jay1986

Post by Jay1986 »

Hi colour only fault it kept showing was the clutch sensor hence Me replacing it. The engine management light will come on then just go off by itself making me think it's a intermittent fault thanks jay

Minx

Post by Minx »

1. 1.6 2004/05
2. Multiplex
3. Revs died engine cut out when attempting to move away in traffic
Happened a few weeks ago, was ok until today as this happened at least 7 times!
4. Not yet - bought second hand but he's going to check it out as I've got full warranty!
5. Nothing yet........

When it happens it's quite scary!
6. Did it work?

Clueless

Post by Clueless »

Hi, I had this problem on my 206cc and it was solved by replacing the stepper motor (There are two different types - cable or electronic - depending on the year of manufacture so make sure you get the right one. ) I picked up a second hand motor on Ebay for £20 and not only did it eliminate the cutting out problem it also solved my Anti Pollution Fault issue that had been evading diagnosis for some time.

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Well done. You are no longer clueless. Nice to get these annoying faults sorted. Thank for feeding back.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

convertiblefan

Post by convertiblefan »

My car has the same problems lately almost a month now.

1. 2.0 year 2005
2. Multiplex - i dont know what it means. normal 206cc 2.0 engine
3. stalled immeidately when starting - tried a few times then keep my foot on acceleartion. Drives ok but engine cut out when slow down/at traffic lights. Lucky wans't on motor way. It did again last night in dual carriage way. Had to put hazard lights on and started again, finally made it home.

As i'm now working full time in London, i don't drive as much as to local supermarket shopping. I think mine has similar problems like Clueless but as most in the forum said garage check dont seem to find out any problems. I'm scared to drive it now but still want to fix it.

How to find a garage knows what i'm talking about. Please help.

Thank you. Kristine