Squeaky brakes?

All your other probs if any.
Peter

Post by Peter »

1. How long before the problem appeared? four weeks after I got it and was always fobed off until a year later a mechanic slipped and told me they can make it better but wanted to charge me so I complained but had to pay then after many phone calls got my money back. :evil:
2. Did the dealer attempt to fix the problem? yes
3. If so, what did they do? sanded the rough edges off and greased the calipers
4. Did it work? yes for 5 days
5. What make were/are the squeaky pads? Citroen :evil:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=159]Owner 159[/url] [img]http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/duel.gif[/img] [img]http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/dance.gif[/img]

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

1. How long before the problem appeared? - 7500 miles
2. Did the dealer attempt to fix the problem? Yes
3. If so, what did they do? - new pads
4. Did it work? so far (5miles !!!! :? )

Dealer wouldn't do under warranty - I will argue the case with PugUK - I intend to win - :x

UPDATE :: Result!!! :D

A letter conveying my disappointment and disgust direct to Puegeot has done the trick. A Peugeot apology and a refund for the full amount!

Ts

Post by Ts »

My 206cc developed mega sqeaky brakes at 18k. Rang local dealer and they wanted to charge be for the pleasure of resolving....looked at forum comments and e-mailed Peugeot UK customer care. They informed me that if the car had under 20k mileage the discs could be looked at under warranty . Rang dealer back up and advised them of this and lo and behold the car went in they stripped down front brakes and resurfaced discs - removed and cleaned pads & resurfaced and also painted with anti squeak and copped slipped (?) rear of pads - now ok.....however it now has an catalyst problem - watch this space!

slimgym

Post by slimgym »

> copped slipped
That's probably copper slip, it goes between the pads and the actuator to act as a lubricant and stop the pads juddering. My 03 2.0 CC is also squeaking like a sod and I'm well under 20k so will see if they'll take a look too. I never got a resolution to the radio reprogramming itself to Radio 2 either, did anyone get to the bottom of that one?
Dave

dotvicky

Post by dotvicky »

1. Soon after buying - around 8 months from new.
2. Yes
3. Clean and then skim.
4. Nope
5. Sorry - don't know.

Cheers
Vicky
206cc - 05 reg
1.6 Diesel Allure
Aegean blue, black leather seats
(bought December 05 - second driver)

Mike Clapham

Re: Squeaky brakes?

Post by Mike Clapham »

1. over a year
2. No cause I fitted them
3. I will be fitting new for it's MOT both discs and pads front and rear
4. the problem has only just shown and it is with light breaking only
5. the pads and discs are pug originals form local auto shop

I always fit my own cause I can only blame myself and I can fit them. saves around £200 or so
2003 206 CC 1.6 silver :) 1.3 Fiesta style Silver :) Renault Megan copay 1.6 Sports edition Orange.

Can't wait for a nice sunny day....Just because....I have Air conditioning without the AC turned on and my friends can't ;)