Have had an exhaust manifold problem?

All your other probs if any.
PipCC

Post by PipCC »

Re my last post, forgot to say, just take the cover off and leave it off for a few days, they are only quick release fastners, quarter of a turn anticlockwise and they release.

The cover is only there for cosmetic purposes, give it a try, youve got nothing to lose (Except the noise)

britboy

Post by britboy »

1. usually noise @ 2800rpm
2. 0 - never had it (even attempted to be) fixed. Don't know why not, I think I thought I was being too picky in what I was expecting from my car.
3. Still on first one -- was kind of living with the problem
4. 2.0

Always knew there was a problem .. always thought it was kind of pinking. Never bothered me enough to get it fixed but now I think about it, my warranty isn't getting any younger!

charlieannear

Post by charlieannear »

1. Buzz at 2800rpm- most noticeable in 1st and 2nd- also hissing noise at idle.
2. Just had first replacement
3. First noticed at about 5k miles (took until 9k to get it replaced)
4. 2.0l
Just because you're paranoid, it don't mean they're not after you.

[url=http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/newowners?id=465]Owner 465
[color=red] 03, 2.0 SE Black/Silver limited Edition, (Black paint, black/red Leather interior, sports pack, luxury mats, Boot rack) plus boot tray and Clarion 6-disc CD autochanger
Extras: Aluminium hoops, aluminium tax disc holder, Conmatic, Griffiths Quickshift[/color][/url]

Lel

Post by Lel »

1. noise @ 2800rpm
2. 1
3. Initial = 2,500m 'ish. Replacement = 1,000m & holding up OK (for now!)
4. 2.0

suzyque

Post by suzyque »

Be nice to get hold of a faulty exhaust manifold to dissect it..surely there must be a fix without having to replace??!!

reap

Post by reap »

i can send you one. i have plenty now :D

suzyque

Post by suzyque »

You post one to me I will pay postage!
Him indoors is going to fit a new manifold...yippee!! been quoted £136 inc vat for for the parts (manifold gasket and fixing clamp) from my local dealer..anyone know of a better price??

From im indoors..just a follow up on replacing the manifold, job went well. A few tips.
First thing to do is remove the coolant header tank as it will get in the way when trying to get the manifold out as I removed it from above. Be careful with the small hose leading to the rad on earlier 206cc's as its prone to snap off. Later ones have a more robust connection.
I lowered the entire exhaust onto the floor after removing the 2 electical connectors (leading to the cat) from under the bonnet. With hindsight the cables may have been long enough
You will need a 'deep' socket to get at the manifold nuts.
Dont attempt to reuse the old manifold to cat clamp as it will almost certainly get distorted on removal
Took me about 3 to 4 hours with coffee breaks and no handbook! The old manifold did 'rattle' when tapped on the bench but was better made than I expected.
Don

keved

Post by keved »

If I have this right, the aim here was to raise peugeots awarenesss of the manifold rattle ?
Has there been any outcome.?

anon

Post by anon »

Did anything happen with this?

We have had the 206cc since new, one of the first ones and it starting doing this after the first six months or so, Puegeot "can't hear it". It has got a bit worse lately. My daughters 206GT (not GTI) makes exactly the same noise.