Gearbox and clutch problems

All your other probs if any.
mrsofa

Gearbox and clutch problems

Post by mrsofa »

Hello, I have a 206 cc with 80.000km and I have some minor problems with my gearbox/clutch.

The first things is that the clutch feels "sticky". By that I mean the whole movement of the clutch is not smooth but feels like it has some tension when releasing it. Would replacing the clutch cylinder fix my problem or is there another way to get this to be more "smooth"?

Also sometimes the car doesn't want to go in reverse, and you have to release the clutch and press it again, you can actually feel it's not perfectly in reverse. Also it started acting up and sometimes while driving I can't shift from 1st to 2nd. Sometimes you have to stop and press the clutch again sometimes I can force it in gear...

gazza82

Re: Gearbox and clutch problems

Post by gazza82 »

Sounds like you may have a leak on the clutch slave cylinder.

Pumping it to work possibly means air in the system, but you could simply try bleeding it first.

Brake/clutch fluid needs to be changed every few years as it attracts moisture from the air which in turn means it compresses more easily and doesn't retract the clutch enough.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo