Peugeot 206cc 2003 model 1600cc Petrol

All your other probs if any.
kenzo

Peugeot 206cc 2003 model 1600cc Petrol

Post by kenzo »

Hello again CC-ers. The last time I asked a question here was the 26th of February 2017. Yes, my wife's 206cc has been running perfectly since then....up to last week.
Me and Mrs W had been over to Burnley and I drove it back home to Horwich, near Bolton. I reversed the car into a parking space, put the handbrake on and turned off the engine.
Two days later, Mrs W went to start the car. It cranked over but would not fire. We tried both ignition keys but no go.
The car still had plenty of fuel in the tank but I thought I'd check to see if there was any blockage. I disconnected the fuel feed to the injection system and a neighbour cranked the engine. Fuel squirted from the pipe, so it would seem the fuel supply is ok. Another neighbour had a cheapo diagnostic set and tried to get any fault-code readings but nothing came up. We let the car stand for a while and I disconnected the quick-release battery terminal to try a re-set. It still would not fire.
Unfortunately none of the small local garages can transport it to their garage and don't have the Peugeot diagnostic equipment anyway.
Does anyone have a PP2000 unit to try to find out what's wrong with Mrs W's beloved Pug? If anyone lives in the area, or is prepared to travel (postcode BL6 Horwich, a mile away from the M61 junction 6) to run a check, I will gladly pay you for your time and trouble. I'd hate to get the scrapyard to take it away, especially as it may be some simple problem. but I just can't figure out what the problem is.
If you can help out, please PM me.... thanks in advance.....
Kenzo

IanL

Re: Peugeot 206cc 2003 model 1600cc Petrol

Post by IanL »

One possibility is lack of spark. You may need a replacement coil pack. PP2000 will not help to diagnose this issue.

If you know anyone with the same engine, you could swap in their coil pack to see if that cures it. 10 minute job (max).

kenzo

Post by kenzo »

Hello Ian,
thanks for the reply. I don't know anyone with a 206cc around here but how does this suggestion sound?

I can remove the coil pack and then insert a spare spark plug into one of the sockets on the pack, then earth the body of the spark plug to the engine block and then get Mrs W to try starting the car. I'll watch the plug to see if it is sparking. If it doesn't spark, I can move the plug from socket-to-socket and if there is no spark at all, that could indicate that the coil pack could be the culprit. If I do get a spark, then I can assume the coil pack is still good.
What do you reckon to that idea? Worth a try?
Thanks,
Kenzo

IanL

Post by IanL »

Hmm. That should work, provided the coil pack still has its earth connection. I have looked at the wiring diagram, and there is no indication that it relies on a contact connection to the cylinder head.

In doing that, I noticed that it is supplied with +12v from F15 in the engine compartment fusebox, so check that as well.

Noticing that you said you disconnected the battery to do a BSI reboot, did you follow the correct procedure? If not, the BSI and Engine ECU may have scrambled software, which could result in losing memory of the immobiliser credentials. That can be fixed by going through the key programming procedure using PP2000.