Window mecanism

All your other probs if any.
Nosam

Window mecanism

Post by Nosam »

Hello,
Does anyone know if you can remove the little plastic wheels on the window runners to enable their replacement? Mine has had one come off and don't want to replace the whole assembly unnecessarily. Thanks
2.0L S16 5 speed 2001 reg 100 k

Capncol

Re: Window mecanism

Post by Capncol »

Repair kits are available on ebay
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Nosam

Post by Nosam »

Hi, I have seen them, but they are for the central pulley attached to the motor; the one I want to remove is on the guide rail; I am asking, because I don't want to remove window try to remove and knacker it and disable the car until a part turns up as l need this transport during lockdown.
Thanks
2.0L S16 5 speed 2001 reg 100 k

batso

Post by batso »

Hey guys/gals, i've got the same issue - pulley at the top of the window track has disintegrated.

All the window repair kits that I've found have the cables and the drive pulley that mounts on the window reg motor, but not the top grey pulleys (or the bottom green ones either for that matter).

If I'm going to replace 1 of these things, I may as well do the lot.

SO can anyone point me at a kit that has ALL the pulleys?

Please??

Thanks

batso

Post by batso »

On closer inspection, looks line the 'corner pulley' isn't replaceable.

Time to call the wrecker I guess, and hope the pulleys are in reasonable condition.