A question of Torque

All your other probs if any.
PeterG

A question of Torque

Post by PeterG »

Hello..!!!
It's been a while since I posted about the cam belt failure on my wife's 206cc but it's been one of those jobs that's gone on and on forever.!!!!
Well I'm happy to say I'm about a couple of hours away from having it back up and running again. The head was removed then stripped and I've fitted all new valves and one guide, ground them all in. Rebuilt the head and earlier today got it on the car along with the cam belt. I've been able to manually turn the engine over two turns without it wanting to stick so I think it will be fine.
Now comes the tightening up of everything and I would like some confirmation of the correct settings for the bolts. The Haynes manual for the 207, as advised it has the engine information for the 16v DOHC, gives you the values for three different engines in one table and I want to ensure that all of my hard work doesn't fail at the last fence due to a dodgy bolt.
The main reason is that 15lbf ft doesn't seem high enough for the head bolts. I'd therefore like to validate the following;
- Head Bolts
- Cam Pulley
- Tention Pulley

That's all that will be inaccessible once I put the covers back on.

Here's to have it running again before Friday lunch time..!!!!

Thanks.

IanL

Re: A question of Torque

Post by IanL »

From the Peugeot Service Box (TU5JP4 - 206CC):

Head Bolts
Tightening (In the order indicated from 1 to 10) 2.0 ± 0.2 daNm
Angular tightening (In degrees - In the order indicated from 1 to 10) 260 ± 5

Camshaft pinion mounting screw - Exhaust 4.5 da.Nm
Camshaft pinion mounting screw - Inlet 4.5 da.Nm

Dynamic roller tensioner fixing nut 2.0 da.Nm

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Thank you.. Let's hope this all works in the end.

IanL

Post by IanL »

It's my understanding that you first do the cylinder head bolts to the 20 Nm in the order shown, and then a further tightening sequence of 260 deg.

PeterG

Post by PeterG »

That's what I've done, down to the torque with the wrench then an extra 260. All went well and now the car is running again.. Just need to MOT it and that will be another 206cc on the road because of this site.!!

Thanks..