Portal » Forum   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Portal » Forum 206CC Forums problems Other

Can a radio be changed from one vehicle to another

All your other probs if any.

Can a radio be changed from one vehicle to another

Postby Fihen » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:23 am

Hi all hope this is not a silly question but I have access to a radio unit from a 2007 206 hatch and am interested in putting same into my 206cc. From what I read from the owners (hatch) manual they cannot be put into another vehicle. This doesn't make sense to me so I am asking the forum for an opinion before I go to a lot of trouble only to find the manual is right.
Fihen

Re: Can a radio be changed from one vehicle to another

Postby IanL » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:15 am

If they are the same type of radio, there will be no fitting problem, but the replacement radio must be "programmed" with Peugeot Planet to accept the car's VIN. If this is not done, it will work, BUT there is a fairly frequent beep on the sound that cannot be removed any other way.

Planet is a combination of special hardware interface (Proxia/Lexia 3) and software which runs on a 32-bit (NOT 64!!!) Windows PC. See here for more. You can also buy it on eBay, if you want to have the manufacturer's diagnostic system available when needed. Or, for an arm and a leg, you can go to a Peugeot dealer to get it done.
IanL

Postby Fihen » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:46 am

Thanks IanL the previous owners of my pug have bastardised the radio and have cut all the wires to remove the oem radio and have put an aftermarket radio that doesn't even fit the dash properly and looks ugly. I will go ahead and get the radio fitted thanks to your advice.
Fihen

Postby MartinMax » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:46 am

@Fihen

If your car is of an earlier year <2002 check if the radio will work on a non multiplexed system.
---------------------------
2001 206cc 2.0 S16
Silver with matte black accents...
MartinMax

Postby gazza82 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:23 pm

MartinMax wrote:@Fihen

If your car is of an earlier year <2002 check if the radio will work on a non multiplexed system.

Post 2002 radio will not work on pre 2002 car.

Why do people butcher the wiring? Laziness, ignorance? :mad: All the wiring converters are available. Our Sony upgrade had them in the kit. So easy to return to standard when we px'd it.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Alfa Romeo MiTo, Renault Clio II 1.5dCi
gazza82

Return to Other