Portal » Forum   FAQ   Search  
Register  Login
Portal » Forum 206CC Forums problems Other

Window Winder Mechanism

All your other probs if any.

Window Winder Mechanism

Postby RobynM » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:14 am

Hi there. I am brand new here although I have owned my gorgeous little red Peugeot 206cc Cabriolet for many years and I am a keen driver and love the feel of this car on the road. It is a 2003 model. It has been incredibly reliable although I've had to get the air conditioner fixed (it would take a week to tell that story) and recently two window winder mechanisms have failed. The first was the rear right hand side (all fixed and operating beautifully again) and more recently, the front right side went with an impressive noise.

I ordered and received a repair kit for the window regulator and when it turned up it didn't have the little grey wheel that apparently is attached to a steel arm. (I only know this much because the lovely man who was going to fix the window told me this is where it came from.)

My question for all you clever people is - what is this little wheel called and how do I get one ordered when I cannot find any reference to it anywhere? Does anyone recognise what I am talking about? It is 45mm across and 4mm wide. I am not particularly mechanically minded but am happy to try and answer any questions that would help you people help me with this.

Oh, I am in Cairns in Australia. Thanks for reading. Robyn ;)
RobynM

Re: Window Winder Mechanism

Postby rhume » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:39 pm

Can you post a picture. I expect that would help people answer the question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)
rhume

Postby IanL » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:20 am

Having had a look at the parts diagram for the window regulator, I can see no separate little wheel at the end of an arm, so it will be an integral part of the regulator mechanism, which is not subdivided into smaller parts. I would suggest you get it from the original mechanism, or a scrapyard.

Did your kit look like this one, which seems to have such a wheel. If that is what is referred to, perhaps your kit is incomplete?
IanL

Postby RobynM » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:56 pm

Thanks rhume and IanL
I will post a picture of the wheel later today. Thanks for the idea.
rhume, I have looked at the link and the kit in the picture is exactly what arrived in the mail. The white wheel in the picture is there but the wheel I am talking about is grey and quite different. My problem with ordering one from a scrapyard or ordering a new part is I can't work out what the part is called. I'll get the photo organised and maybe that will help.
Thanks for your help.
Robyn
RobynM

Postby RobynM » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:02 am

Ok... So I am unsure how to load these all onto here so I may have to take a few tries...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RobynM

Postby RobynM » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:07 am

OK. So here are the other three photos of the part. They may be called guidance wheels or something. There may be four of them and they are either blue or grey. This is the only one broken and these are the only parts of it I found and kept.
Thanks again for your interest and assistance.
Robyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RobynM

Postby gazza82 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:53 am

It looks like it could be part of the motor ... this is all ServiceBox shows

front_door_windows.jpg

I'm wondering if that is the wheel on the side on the motor unit? there isn't a separate part listed.

front_door_windows2.jpg
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Alfa Romeo MiTo, Renault Clio II 1.5dCi
gazza82

Postby RobynM » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:31 am

Thanks Gazza82. It's a bit hard to see exactly but it does look a bit like the wheel I am looking for. Thank you so much. I might see if I can track down a picture of the motor unit. Thanks for your time. Robyn
RobynM

Postby RobynM » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:04 am

I still haven't found out what this part does inside the door and as part of the window mechanism... Can someone help me, please?
RobynM

Postby IanL » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:47 pm

Have you looked at the passenger door window? It should be a mirror image.
IanL

Postby RobynM » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:17 pm

Thanks IanL. Great idea. Tomorrow I will be removing the inside cover of the passenger door and trying to get my phone in there to take a photo of what is in there. Maybe I will get to the bottom of this. Thanks for that suggestion.
RobynM

Postby Alan3103 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:54 pm

Hey robynM, i see you live in cairns and own a 206cc!
Im in mount sheridan Cairns and have recently acquired same type of car, i have my rear
Window assembly removed from car and awaiting a repair kit, maybe we could pool our resources
Regards Alan
Alan3103

Postby Alan3103 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:54 am

Fixed my rear window mechanism, although cables i purchased from istanbul were too short so i could not install, ended up straightening original cables and refitted, now works fine,
Alan3103

Return to Other