Loud knocking, rear driver's side

All your other probs if any.
rhume

Re: Loud knocking, rear driver's side

Post by rhume »

If I ever have to do this job again I will definitely be going the axle replacement route. Whoever invented Torx screws needs shooting. The ones in the ends of the torsion bars are a nightmare. Well done :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)

goltho

Post by goltho »

rhume wrote:If I ever have to do this job again I will definitely be going the axle replacement route. Whoever invented Torx screws needs shooting. The ones in the ends of the torsion bars are a nightmare. Well done :)
Thanks. I've got more of a problem with the car designers who incorporate Torx screws into their work than I do with the inventor. I said to my mate earlier, "Why do they use Torx screws in such obviously-inappropriate places?" Answer:- "Cos they're kn*bs". :roll:

I'm still sniggering about your mate twitching. :big-grin:
Jan 2004 (53) 206cc/1.6L Allure/83k/black

rhume

Post by rhume »

Part of his twitching was due to Torx screws and recessed concentric washers. That combination still gives me the shivers :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)