anti polution warning and code p1336

All your other probs if any.
tcapps

anti polution warning and code p1336

Post by tcapps »

Hi All
me and the mrs were coming down the motorway last week and I felt the accelerator not responding well.
we were doing 70....a min later and a beep and yellow emissions light flashing and anti pollution/catalyst warning came up.
The car was running rough but I got us home by keeping the revs up at juctions has it would not idle anymore.
I have so far changed the coil pack and plugs.
no better
I checked the cranksensor for swarf stuck to it but clean as whistle.
I did a ohm meter reading on it off the car and it comes in at about 4 oms ...was checking for open circuit seing has I think it is a coil type device.

On the software on my laptop that I use to connect to the car it is showing green on misfire detection and I am not getting any misfire codes that would implicate the coil pack or plugs.

I am a bit stumped now as to what else could be causing the rough running.
my next step will be a compression test I think as it is letting raw un burnt fuel into the exhaust and the cat is complaining.

its a 206cc 1600 16v engine 2002 model petrol.

Any More Clues please.
Many thanks
Terry :)

IanL

Re: anti polution warning and code p1336

Post by IanL »

It could be that the inlet air pressure/temp sensor is causing the wrong air/fuel ratio. Usually called the MAP sensor, but its actually a MAP/IAT sensor on this engine.

tcapps

Re: anti polution warning and code p1336

Post by tcapps »

Its all over with now I have just done a compression test and number 3 cylinder is dead,,,no compression at all
I suspect a burnt valve hence no rattling or blue smoke from the bottom end.
shame realy has the car is in good condition.
not going to rip the head of her.
shes going to the big forecourt in the sky.

Thanks everyone.
Cheers Terry :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: