New Problem (I suspect suspension)

All your other probs if any.
Rubyoptics

New Problem (I suspect suspension)

Post by Rubyoptics »

Hi (again!). back with yet another issue. Today I was forced off the road by some ******* maniac driving round a corner on the wrong side of the road. To avoid a collision I had to swerve off the road surface and onto a gravel/grass siding with is on a steep camber whilst fully on my brakes (thank god for some good tyres which helped me keep control).
The problem now is that in a low speed turn at full steering lock (or near full as well) there is a horrible clanking/pinging noise coming from the front end which i can also feel through the steering wheel. I read somewhere (can't remember where exactly, still a bit shaken up tbh) that it could be something to do with the upper suspension mounts / bearings? Does this sound plausible and if so what are my repair options?

Sorry for my lack of politeness, this only happened about an hour ago :sorry:
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.

Capncol

Re: New Problem (I suspect suspension)

Post by Capncol »

You may have bent lower wishbone. If it isn't obvious, getting the tracking checked will confirm. If it is miles out, replace wishbone on that side and get wheels tracked after that
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.