Airbag light

All your other probs if any.
p206

Airbag light

Post by p206 »

The airbag light flashes. I took out the seats, cut away the connectors and wrapped the wires directly together, however this did not fix the problem. What else should I try, any ideas?
2001 206cc 2.0 136hp

Capncol

Re: Airbag light

Post by Capncol »

Try a code reader to point you to the problem rather than guessing
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

p206

Post by p206 »

Well I did scan it and no codes showed up, or is a professional scanner needed for the airbags

rhume

Post by rhume »

You will need a professional scanner My Bluetooth unit to Torque on my phone showed no faults. I got a copy of Pug Planet (plus cables) and put it on an old laptop which gave me the codes to diagnose that the stalk unit (comms 2000) behind the steering wheel was damaged. replaced it and all good. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)

p206

Post by p206 »

Thank you, well done some research and looks like this unit is a common fail. I think I'll just swap it with a junkyard one and see what happens. Where exactly is it located?

rhume

Post by rhume »

its the main unit with all the stalks attached behind the steering wheel. It has two cables that can fail through movement.Videos online will show how to remove it. You will need to have disconnected the battery for 30 mins before the job. search on here for correct way to disconnect and reconnect battery on 206cc to avoid corrupting the BSI (part of the electronics system)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)

IanL

Post by IanL »

The procedure here is directly from the Peugeot TSB.

p206

Post by p206 »

Did a continuity test from the plugs at the steering wheel airbag to the plugs after the clockspring. Nothing wrong there, so I'm guessing it's not that... Looks like I'll have to go get it scanned though I prefer doing things myself.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

P206 It could be (but not limited to)
Any of the (up to) 4 Airbags
Airbag module
Either of the crash sensors
Seatbelt stalks
Comm 2000
BSI
Or ANY of the wiring that connects all these together.
A pro reader will give you the answer (Snap on / Delphi / Bosch / Launch etc:) Saying this so you don't just limit yourself to PP2000. A £20 ebay special won't cut it for this
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.

p206

Post by p206 »

Well I went and got it scanned it showed - seat belt 2 trigger open circuit or something like that. We then created some intentional faults, we unplugged both seat cables to test if that would give more fault codes, but it didn't. So we got to a conclusion that the airbag ecu is faulty. I already removed the centre console and by looking of it, I think there was something spilled over it at some point... so I'll be looking for a 2nd hand ecu and swap it. Hope that fixes the problem

p206

Post by p206 »

Missed to a ask about the serial numbers on the airbag ECU. there are two pairs of numbers there - which one should be considered? There is an autoliv text, below which there is a square with numbers in it. Then below that square there are other numbers.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Did you check the wiring between module and pre tensioners?
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

rhume

Post by rhume »

I was wondering that as the Trigger on the steering unit refers to the two wires that operate the two stages of airbag release based on severity of impact (or so I thought).

p206

Post by p206 »

I highly doubt it's the wiring. As I said, we created also some other faults to see, and the ECU didn't react at all. I already ordered another module with the same serial numbers, hope for the best.

rhume

Post by rhume »

Hope it does the trick :)