re: auto g/box help please

All your other probs if any.
craig&sue2

re: auto g/box help please

Post by craig&sue2 »

hi just brought a 2002 1.6 petrol 206cc shes an auto I brought it the other day on the way home I discovery engine management light on , when I arrived home I switched it off and on restarted it , display was showing antipollution fault, abs fault, got my cheap little code reader out it shows po172 01/01 & po172 02/02, I stripped and cleaned throttle body and cleared codes everything done I hope with that problem ,but it still feels sluggish when over-taking its like it really wants to go when just touching the throttle but when I put foot down hard to overtake its really slow on uptake has anyone else had this problem please im only worried about the running at this stage ,I have heard on forums that there was a software upgrade , other then slow acceleration when foot is hard down there are no fault codes except abs on digital display car drives really nice gets really fast.
also car still goes through all gears nice used it for a few days and no engine light anymore !

IanL

Re: re: auto g/box help please

Post by IanL »

On another forum, someone has just found his inlet valve timing is incorrect. Either the cambelt has slipped a couple of teeth, or it was incorrectly fitted.

It's a good idea, if you don't know the car's history, to replace the cambelt and tensioner, before it breaks and writes off the valves, etc, and to change the water pump at the same time. And, if your lack of acceleration is a valve timing issue, that will sort it out. Very good sticky here.

EDIT: Just thinking it through, if the inlet valve timing is wrong, it can readily take the mixture control system out of the zone of control, which would account for your fault codes.

craig&sue2

Post by craig&sue2 »

i am thinking it might be the throttle sensor as its on or off even when not in gear it struggles to rev , i will bear in mind about the timing though as it would give similar symptoms it may have been 5 or more years ago since last service as nothing in book since 2014

IanL

Post by IanL »

You should be able to check the throttle with Peugeot Planet. Unfortunately, not so the valve timing.