Haynes Manual????

All your other probs if any.
PeterG

Haynes Manual????

Post by PeterG »

Hi, My wife has owned a 206 cc for a year now and loves the car, however while out the other day the cam-belt broke. I've googled this and from what I've read this is not as terminal as on other cars, something to do with valves being at 30 degrees and 'just bending'. I'm hoping that a new set of valves, head bolts, gaskets, timing belt and water pump will do the job but I really do not want to start taking off the head without the guidance of a manual of some sort. Usually a job of this kind has me reaching for a Haynes manual but I can't find one that states it covers the 1.6 16v engine in the 206.

My question is this, what manual can I get hold of describes the process to remove and refit the head on the 1.6 16v dohc engine so I do not cause damage to it by removing the head bolt in the wrong order or something like that.

Thanks in advance of any responses.

IanL

Re: Haynes Manual????

Post by IanL »

I understand the Haynes for the 207 covers the 1.6 16 valve TU5JP4 engine.

However, you may like to consider using the Peugeot illustrated Service Box Documentation, which is a lot better than Haynes. It is available on http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/pages/index.jsp, by registering as an "independent" but the procedures are pay-per-view. You can also get disks on eBay, but they are cracked and you have the palaver of key generators, virus detection and the like.

An alternative method of getting the same thing for a one-time payment is from https://www.emanualonline.com/Cars/Peugeot.htm. Do not click the blue rectangles, but scroll down to the £9.99 offerings. Whichever car model you click, you get the full Documentation and Wiring (SEDRE) databases for ALL the listed models. Highly recommended, usual disclaimer.

There are incomplete (regrettably) examples of the Documentation on this board (Portal/206cc Repair Guide). It does not include what you want, but you can get the flavour from it.