power steering pump

All your other probs if any.
snowpatrol53

power steering pump

Post by snowpatrol53 »

Hi all the last 3 weeks im getting a noise coming from the fan belt area...i cant tell if its the power steering pump ..alternator..or ac ...when i rev the car it sounds like im driving a scalextric car ..i took it in 2 weeks ago to get timing belt and water pump changed...he said it sounds like your power steering pump...and when i turn my steering wheel when im stationary from left to right i noticed my revs slightly drop on wheel movement and a slight noise...what i want to know is it easy to change the power steering pump myself..and is there only 3 bolts and two pipes i have to take off to remove it?..thanks for any help in any of the above

IanL

Re: power steering pump

Post by IanL »

I think what you hear when turning the wheel is normal.

Mine had a similar noise, and it was the alternator belt tensioner or idler roller - we changed both (and the belt) to make sure.

Here's an example of a kit - link, but make sure it's right for your car. This kit is for a 1.6 16valve petrol, and your ORGA (aka RPO) number (drivers door pillar sticker) should be 10395 or higher(25 Apr 2005).

Rubyoptics

Re: power steering pump

Post by Rubyoptics »

Sounds more like the alternator than anything to do with the PAS.
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.