Spungy gaspedal

All your other probs if any.
DankDeathPunch

Spungy gaspedal

Post by DankDeathPunch »

Hi!

Quick question!
My 206cc (1.6 2003) is alittle spungy in the gaspedal.
I can press it down but it takes a second for the engineer to respond and actually rev up.
What can be the issue?

IanL

Re: Spungy gaspedal

Post by IanL »

Clearly the engineer is asleep on the job :D

Seriously, it could be as simple as dirt partially blocking the inlet air pressure sensor. Try cleaning it. If that does the trick, check the air filter - it may need replacing.

DankDeathPunch

Post by DankDeathPunch »

hahaha, damned autocorrect...

I figured as much, i talked to some friends who said it's normal for the car to behave that way because it's a 1.6... But i know that throttle response should be 1:1 no matter what engine size.

I was thinking of doing a full service spark pluggs / filters / oils etc.
Should i throw in some engine cleaner so the fuel injectors get a internal cleaning too?

IanL

Post by IanL »

DankDeathPunch wrote:hahaha, damned autocorrect...

I figured as much, i talked to some friends who said it's normal for the car to behave that way because it's a 1.6... But i know that throttle response should be 1:1 no matter what engine size.

I was thinking of doing a full service spark pluggs / filters / oils etc.
Should i throw in some engine cleaner so the fuel injectors get a internal cleaning too?
It won't do any harm, but do check the inlet air pressure sensor. Peugeot Part 1920 AJ

DankDeathPunch

Post by DankDeathPunch »

Thanks for the tips! I'll take a look at that part asap!

Rubyoptics

Post by Rubyoptics »

First thing I did after buying the car was an oil and full filter change - helped greatly. Changed plugs from ngk to Bosch which sorted out an unstable idle as well.
2003 2.0. Dyno'd @ 134BHP. 2.5" full stainless exhaust system, lexus style rear lights, LED sidelights and interiors. Latest mod - Full stainless steel Group N gear linkages.