Auto (tiptronic) clunking when hot

All your other probs if any.
RetroPKR

Auto (tiptronic) clunking when hot

Post by RetroPKR »

Hi all,,
My auto 206 drives great, but after sitting in traffic and presumably getting very hot the auto gears get very clunky, in fact I would describe the gear change as crashing into gear ! Only does it when the engine is really hot ( but not seemingly overheating) is anyone familiar with this issue please

IanL

Re: Auto (tiptronic) clunking when hot

Post by IanL »

Not heard of it before, but it could be the AT Fluid cooler is blocked.

Alternatively, the fluid level may be low - some useful information here. It applies to the earlier (non-tiptronic) box, but there is much in common.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

You have not said how many miles it has done. It may just need a fluid and filter change.
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

RetroPKR

Post by RetroPKR »

Thanks you guys, it's a 55 plate, petrol with only 56000 on the clock, I've had it 3 years but only do a couple of thousand miles a year. I got stuck in traffic on a warm day and that's when the crashing into gear started, every time I accelerated forward at a crawl, the car lurched with a clunk, does every time the engine gets nice and hot in traffic !