Rear Quarter window

All your other probs if any.
Sid

Rear Quarter window

Post by Sid »

A good Day to you all,

My Girlfriend, recently purchased a 2003 206cc, and i have been assigned the duty of fixing up a few minor issues, (so i can earn those all too valuable brownie points).
and one of these issues is the right hand rear window. Car is left hand drive.

the other 3 windows go down without issue, the problematic window doesn't go down at all. however i can hear motor working and what sounds like cables moving around and about. i haven't removed the rear panel as of yet to see it in action. (a job for next weekend a imagine..)

Since the motor seems to be working in the regulator, should i look into one of those regulator repair kits that are available on ebay?

or should i just replace the entire regulator.

Thanks In Advance..

Sid

IanL

Re: Rear Quarter window

Post by IanL »

Not an answer to your question - I would say open it up and take a look first.

The instructions are here.

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

So would I Ian
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

Sid

Post by Sid »

well i opened it up today and had a look, and as suspected the wiring system of the regulator has some broken pieces. I had ordered the rebuild kit and installed it today and tested the functionality. Tomorrow i put i all back together as today i was having great difficulty putting the regulator back into its place.. lets see where tomorrow gets me...

Sid

Post by Sid »

well finally got the regulator back intonplace and everything is working fine.

i had a heck of a time with putting in the refurb kit. as the previous owner or the garage that did the work for the PO. had greased the entire mechanisme with some sort of spray on grease.. it was everywhere but on the wires. a heck of a mess.. i should have taken pictures but was too busy swearing and scraping my knuckles trying to get the cable in place with all that grease about. :D

IanL

Post by IanL »

Just in case - where did the repair kit come from? Is it a Peugeot part?

Sid

Post by Sid »

there are a number of refurb kits on Ebay.
I ordered one from a UK seller
id post a link but i don't have that ability..

a search for "Rear window regulator repair kit Peugeot 206cc" on ebay will bring them up

IanL

Post by IanL »

Many thanks. I think I'll buy one of each - while stocks last ;)

PIMel

Post by PIMel »

Sid wrote:there are a number of refurb kits on Ebay.
I ordered one from a UK seller
id post a link but i don't have that ability..

a search for "Rear window regulator repair kit Peugeot 206cc" on ebay will bring them up
Hi Did you get a lacing diagram with your kit I am trying to fit a replacement cable set but there are no instructions! Its like a 3D jigsaw. Or did you find something on youtube to help?

mobivet

Post by mobivet »

Sid wrote:well finally got the regulator back intonplace and everything is working fine.

i had a heck of a time with putting in the refurb kit. as the previous owner or the garage that did the work for the PO. had greased the entire mechanisme with some sort of spray on grease.. it was everywhere but on the wires. a heck of a mess.. i should have taken pictures but was too busy swearing and scraping my knuckles trying to get the cable in place with all that grease about. :D
Mr Sid can you please give me any advice how to tension all the wires? I purchased one of the refurbishing kits but I have great difficulties putting all that together. It's like the wires are too short...

Agile

Post by Agile »

I have a similar problem perhaps?

Rear quarter window goes down but not up unless I can pull it up while I activate the switch.

Is this kit likely to solve the problem?

Thanks

Tony

2002 206cc Petrol

johnbrander

Post by johnbrander »

As a quick try, try spraying some silicone down inside (WD 40 might do) and run the window up and down several times - works on mine !