exhaust fumes

All your other probs if any.
david

Post by david »

Has anyone noticed that their 206cc sometimes produces rather a lot of exhaust fumes ... I was waiting at some lights the other day and noticed what seemed like fog behind me and the people on the car behind wafting their hands.. turns out to be my exhaust. OK it was a cold day bit I've noticed the same on not so cold days. The garage have said this is only steam ... and OK it doesn't seem to smell of anything more sinister ... but I look at other cars and don't seem to see as much 'steam' ... anyone any ideas ? or have the same 'steam' ?

Craig

Post by Craig »

Mine does the same but it cuts down a lot if you turn off your climate control. It also uses petrol and I think that could possibly be the cause of the problem.

david

Post by david »

Thanks Craig ... I did try that and it does seem to lower it a bit. I leave climate control on auto all the time so maybe i should stop being lazy and manually adjust it ... Is it correct that the A/C indicator stays on all the time with the AUTO setting ?

Simon (PugSport)

Post by Simon (PugSport) »

Yes the A/C indicator will be on in Auto..

Talking about A/C.. I was reading an interesting article the other day about, sick car syndrome..

Apparantly A/C systems breed micro-organisms in the duct work etc that can cause nasal & chest infections.. It is particularly bad if the A/C is not used for an extended period of time.. ie over Winter, whicj allows the organisms to breed and build up.. hey presto you turn it on again and you are bombarded!!!

Also it is not a good idea to turn the A/C off over winter anyway because it can cause "latent damage" to the compressor/heat exchanger etc not being used during this period..

This info comes from a A/C manufacturer..
Simon
MoonStone 206CC SE
[email]simon@pugsport-gti.com[/email]

[url=http://www.pugsport-gti.com][b]PugSport-GTi Performance Tuning[/b][/url] & [url=http://www.pugsport-gti.co.uk][b]Performance 206 Group[/b][/url]