Engine revs unstable when rolling

All your other probs if any.
bladika

Engine revs unstable when rolling

Post by bladika »

Hi all,

first of all I am new here, so HI everyone. I have a 2002 206cc 1.6 16V (TU5JP4) with 140000km, new filters (air, oil, fuel), fresh oil, new belt, new sparks. I am the third owner of the car. I bought it last year November. So my problem why I am writing and I hope someone can give me helping hand is the followings.
First, the problem has been present since I have the car it means changing filters, sparks etc does not help.
I can describe the problem with three phenomenon, and I think these are linked together and all of them have the same root cause.

1. When the engine cold, it starts hardly. I mean starts immediately but the rev drops down at about 400 (almost stall) and back 1500 at about two times than it stabilizes at 1000. If I press just a little on the gas during the starting, it starts normally.

2. If I select N gear, take my foot off from the clutch pedal and rolling (e.g. at 20km/h) the engine idle unstable, between 800 & 1200, but it stabilizes immediately when the car stopped.

3. If I push the gas pedal just a little, the rev jumps (normally) at about 1200-1500 but drops back (even though the pedal still in the little pushed position) to idle. It seems that something (e.g. the ECU) regulate it back. This is the most annoying because if you imagine a normal driving in a traffic jam (during every morning) when I gently push the gas the engine revs up, I gently start to release the clutch and hold, but at this moment the rev drops down because of the "back regulation" the engine almost stall (because of the back regulation + the clutch release), now the ECU try to prevent stalling so kicks back the rev to 1500 (the clutch still int the held position) now at 1500 it regulates back again and so on endless.

I hope I managed to describe the problem clearly. (I can make a youtube video if it needed.)

The car still has not been at a car service, and I would like to avoid. (to understand not because of the money, but almost impossible to find a reliable garage here. e.g. damaged parts, stolen parts, needles change of parts, even at the dealer)

Thanks in advance
Tamas