How to-Brake Discs & Pads change with pics.

All your other probs if any.
FriendlyGiant

Re: How to-Brake Discs & Pads change with pics.

Post by FriendlyGiant »

WoW, It all appears so straight forward but makes me feel under confident to attempt this just yet, And I would need all the tools mentioned to do this, Great guide though! cap!, This place is full of tuts!

Cheers
FG

Artermis

Post by Artermis »

FriendlyGiant wrote:WoW, It all appears so straight forward but makes me feel under confident to attempt this just yet, And I would need all the tools mentioned to do this, Great guide though! cap!, This place is full of tuts!

Cheers
FG
changing front discs is probably one of the easiest jobs you can do, its only a slack handful of bolts.

Just make sure you use the right size torx bit and you're fine. it can be helpful to give the torx bolts a squirt with something like WD40 in the heads and a brush over with a wire brush. Over time crap and muck builds up in the heads which can stop you getting your tool all the way into the head which can compromise your leverage and ability to undo the bolt. risk is rounding out the head if it goes badly wrong.

reral ground in muck you can poke a small screwdriver in there and give it a dig out before you undo it.
Ben. 2006 1.6 HDi Allure

Jamin280672

Post by Jamin280672 »

Hi, I'm new here, I know this thread is a little old, but I could do with a little help, last year I purchased a Peugeot 206 gti 135bhp which is basically the same as the cc, I changed the front disc's pads and sliders as I noticed the sliders were quite difficult to move, quite a easy job, but as most of you are saying, I too struggled a bit to get the T55 pad carrier torx bolts out, but a good clean up with a wire brush on a drill and grease up the new sliders and everything is working well, by the way I only brought the car last year too, and noticed the disc's and pads needed changing straight away.

I noticed that the rears had already been changed, they were new disc's, hardly any wear and the pads were still pretty shiny, however, and here's my problem, I recently had the centre exhaust and tail pipe replaced, and whilst the car was up in the air, I noticed on the rear brakes, the pads on the inside are not making contact properly and this is quite obvious by the rust on the disc's, so I'm guessing this is also a slider problem.

So I brought some new sliders and too my surprise, they are nothing like the front ones, they are approx. 3 inch long tubes, quite heavy, 2 rubber boots supplied with each, some silicone grease and an O ring, could anyone give me some guidance on how to change these or how difficult it might be to change these, I too have the cube to wind back the piston, but my MOT is coming up in a couple of weeks and I need to get this working.

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nicknitro

Post by nicknitro »

evilhamster wrote:the torx tool size is T55
Is this just for the rears? I didn't need it on my fronts, if so I need to buy one.

Zillon

Post by Zillon »

Great guide

Does anyone know the fixing bilt size of the rear caliper bolts.. Its a hex 8.8 and 17mm across the flats... I think m12.. Where can I buy 2.. Couldn't find then on ebay or amazon or gsf

Thanks in advance

John

Zillon

Post by Zillon »

Zillon wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:14 pm Great guide

Does anyone know the fixing bilt size of the rear caliper bolts.. Its a hex 8.8 and 17mm across the flats... I think m12.. Where can I buy 2.. Couldn't find then on ebay or amazon or gsf

Thanks in advance

John
answering my own question :)

Peugeot Citroen Brake Caliper Fixing 12x1,50-35 Screw 1x Bolt
partnumber 440517