Jack in the boot!

All your other probs if any.
fulnic

Post by fulnic »

Half a pound of tuppeny rice... :)

Seriously, I heard a thumping noise when turning sharply or accelerating when driving my Pug home from the dealer. Got back to find a plastic casing with a hinged door, containing a jack. It looks like it should slot somewhere to stow it away but I can't figure out where it goes.

Anyone enlighten me on it's home? Pictures would be very helpful as I've only had the car 2 days and I'm not familiar with it yet.

Thanks,

Nick
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

fulnic wrote:Half a pound of tuppeny rice... :)

Seriously, I heard a thumping noise when turning sharply or accelerating when driving my Pug home from the dealer. Got back to find a plastic casing with a hinged door, containing a jack. It looks like it should slot somewhere to stow it away but I can't figure out where it goes.

Anyone enlighten me on it's home? Pictures would be very helpful as I've only had the car 2 days and I'm not familiar with it yet.

Thanks,

Nick
Would there be a jack when theres no spare wheel?
I thought it was just the 2 cans of tyre weld:question::drunk:

Thar

Post by Thar »

Good point Ollie but I have one too. I have mine strapped to the right hand side of the boot by the velcro strips that are there. I fits just in front of the polystyrene box that holds the tyre weld.

Fortunately I haven't needed to use either yet but I did purchase a space saver wheel off Ebay last weekend, looks brand new. I heard that garages are loathe to clean up tyres after you have used the tyre weld and as I recently bought two new front tyres don't want to take any chances.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Thar wrote:Good point Ollie but I have one too. I have mine strapped to the right hand side of the boot by the velcro strips that are there. I fits just in front of the polystyrene box that holds the tyre weld.

Fortunately I haven't needed to use either yet but I did purchase a space saver wheel off Ebay last weekend, looks brand new. I heard that garages are loathe to clean up tyres after you have used the tyre weld and as I recently bought two new front tyres don't want to take any chances.
I bought a space saver too £15 and £12 postage - didnt even cross my mind to buy a jack, thats how retarded I am...:D

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

There should be a jack with the car Ollie. Fits in the polystyrene box in the boot.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

Ollie

Post by Ollie »

GrandadMonkey wrote:There should be a jack with the car Ollie. Fits in the polystyrene box in the boot.
Hi - I didnt get the polystyrene box or the tyre weld :rolleyes: , I found the yellow cap and nut remover that I think you told me what it was for. :D

Is it just a universal jack or does it have to be one for the car?
Thinking on, I wish I hadnt bothered with the space saver (as good as it is/will be) I'm on full cover with the AA and they pay the first £500 on parts and labour, I assume this would cover a spare tyre. :drunk:

Shall get the jack now I have the wheel:D

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

I would get the one that comes with the car, it'll locate on the jacking points better. There'll be plenty of hatchback 206's in breakers yards so I'd source one cheaply there myself. Or get one off eBay. With any luck the jack will be like new. I'd pick the best available.

Even with your AA cover I'd still keep the wheel and get a jack. In an emergency the AA can change the wheel for you to get you moving again. Without a spare wheel, if the tyre was too damaged to be inflated with the aerosols, you'd have to be trailered.
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

fulnic

Post by fulnic »

I thought exactly the same thing Ollie, but it took me a few days to wonder why there was a jack but no spare wheel :rolleyes:

I'll see if it fits in the boot near the polystyrene box, thanks Thar!
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

fulnic

Post by fulnic »

ok, this is odd. I've got the polystyrene box (which I haven't opened yet - must check this), the plastic sack thing and another hard-plastic case with a jack in it. I'll take some pics and post them to show you all. I think I may have gained something extra? :rolleyes:

Thar

Post by Thar »

Or maybe I've lost something? :scratch:
Image...............

craigdmjv

Re: Jack in the boot!

Post by craigdmjv »

i have the same as you thar but my wheel wrench broke must get another lol

Thar

Re: Jack in the boot!

Post by Thar »

I think they must have changed the location for storing these after the 53 model.

I have taken a few shots to show where they are located in my boot.

This is the box with the two cans of tyre weld and the allen key.

This is the polystyrene box and the jack case fastened in by the velcro straps.

And this is a socket wrench which is stored in a cut out at the rear of the boot.

Mod note: I accidentally removed this post that fulnic refers to from earlier in the thread. :oops:
Image...............