Newbie with possible Electrical Fault

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
Narrowboater63

Newbie with possible Electrical Fault

Post by Narrowboater63 »

Hello and firstly thanks for accepting me here on thos forum. I have just purchased the 2004 plated 206cc 1.6 allure with the black and red leather trimming.
Now to the problems i found, when taking it out for the first time, firstly upon setting it up to drive i needed to check and set my mirrors found that the nearside didnt work and also the cigarette socket didnt work either.
I have bought a haynes manual and found both fuse boxes but no index to which fuse is for what application so help here needed please. I have also obtained a replacent mirror and window switch just incase, which i have tried but to no avail.
Now i suppose a little help would be gratefully received, many thanks in advance. John

gazza82

Re: Newbie with possible Electrical Fault

Post by gazza82 »

Unfortunately as you have found the Haynes is as useless as a chocolate teapot when it comes to wiring. The fuses are listed in the owners handbook .. downloadable as a pdf from this forum. Search for handbook ...
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

IanL

Post by IanL »

The best technical info source is the Peugeot Service Box. You can access the handbook directly, choosing the right date for your car, as there are some changes through the years.

You can also register as an independent (NOT a private individual) and, once logged in, insert the last eight digits of your VIN and get content applicable to your car. Parts listings and diagrams are free access, but repair procedures and wiring info are pay-to-view. Alternatively, you can get the same as a download here for £9.99. Highly recommended.

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Hi,
If you want the £9.99 "manual" you can PM me for the link. It's around 16GB.
It comes with the VM needed to run.
I DO NOT Want or require any money for it.
Cheers,
Iain.
Peugeot 206 CC 2L 16V 4cyl 2002. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 80% LED. 5% HID.
Triumph GT6 CC 2L5 12V 6Cyl 1972. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 98% LED.
G6SBH.
Siemens Controls & SW Engineer.

Narrowboater63

Post by Narrowboater63 »

Many thanks for the replies one and all but a link to where i can find the pdf? Would be very useful. This forum is brill with loads of info, if only i could find my way through it lol.
Again many thanks!

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

Hi NB,
PM me your email address & I will send you a one drive link to download the VM and OVA that will provide the full-service manual. Warning it is a V.Big download!
Cheers,
Iain.
PS. you will have to be a bit computer suave to run the Virtual machine on your PC.
Peugeot 206 CC 2L 16V 4cyl 2002. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 80% LED. 5% HID.
Triumph GT6 CC 2L5 12V 6Cyl 1972. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 98% LED.
G6SBH.
Siemens Controls & SW Engineer.

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

MartinMax

Post by MartinMax »

Spitfire6 wrote: PS. you will have to be a bit computer suave to run the Virtual machine on your PC.
If you run into problems, just call out :-)
---------------------------
2001 206cc 2.0 S16
Silver with matte black accents...

Philgault

Post by Philgault »

Spitfire6 wrote:Hi NB,
PM me your email address & I will send you a one drive link to download the VM and OVA that will provide the full-service manual. Warning it is a V.Big download!
Cheers,
Iain.
PS. you will have to be a bit computer suave to run the Virtual machine on your PC.
I have also just acquired a 206cc allure (06, Diesel 1.6), and I was wondering if you could send me a link too, please? Can’t pm as yet as have not been on the forum long enough.
Peugeot 206cc Allure, 1.6 Diesel, manual, 2006, metallic blue