Hi From the Sunny NEast

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
rhume

Hi From the Sunny NEast

Post by rhume »

So we have a new car and its time to join a new forum. :D
Bought a 05 plate 206cc with the red and black leather interior and the 1.6cc petrol engine.
It was very cheap as it had airbag light and squeaky rear axle. Airbag was the stalk unit that had gone bad which was not a terrible job.

decided to replace the bearings on the axle rather than buy a new one. This is because I was born in Yorkshire and I am tight :)
Did the job yesterday with a friend. Wish I had bought the axle (so did friend). What a horrible job. 8 hrs of hammering heating and pulling got it all apart. my bearings were not collapsed but seized so were a nightmare to get off the axles. Have now got arms like Popeye but a mercifully silent Pug. :thumbs:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)

IanL

Re: Hi From the Sunny NEast

Post by IanL »

Congratulations :thumbs:

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

Hi and welcome
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

rhume

Post by rhume »

Thanks for the welcomes. Just thought I would post a quick picture of the pulling tool we fashioned to get the seized trailing arm off. :)
puller.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find myself the owner of 2 silver Peugeots: 206cc Allure and a 4007 (7 seat 4x4)