Hello 206 cc owners

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
John_Boy_Ink

Hello 206 cc owners

Post by John_Boy_Ink »

Hi im John... and im a alcoholic... haha only messing (im a CC'holic)

So back in June 2017 i purchased a 52 plate 2L 206 cc with 80,000 miles on ebay really cheap :big-grin: (Like Really Cheap) and it only needed a few jobs (disks and pads all round and a drivers wing mirror) for the wife to go to uni and back.

September came and the love of my life decided she didnt want to use the Peugeot she wanted to use the 5 door Corsa D 1.2 we had :facepalm: so i ended up with the Peugeot.

Now im going to be honest when we got it i HATED :mad: the car but the more i used it the more i fell in LOVE :love: with it.

The little Peugeot has been fantastic up until about a month ago and after the mandatory google search for info this forum kept poping up so i signed up.

After solving most of my problems iv decided i really want to give her a little TLC.

I am a time served mechanic of over 10 years i was first educated at a young age by my old man who has been playing with cars since the late 60's i also studied at myerscough collage in garstang where i optained bsc in motor sport mechanics and maths... so im not shy of a spanner.

So now my question can some of you fine people point me in the right direction of threads that will help me give her the attention she deserves.

So here is a few things i need a little help with

•Creaking from the roof when driving - Any way to solve this or do i need to learn to live with it?

•Speedo Broke but all other dials worked changed the drive in gearbox but didnt work, Changed the clocks speedo works fine but milege is now over by 30k - Any one know a way to sort this without paying to have it changed?

•Best place to locate amplifier?

•Fitting 206 GTI front wishbones is it beneficial?

•Engine re-map - any adverse effects?

•Anything else i should be aware of?

Any help would be appreciated :clap:

Thanks in advance :love-thx:

Moderators sorry if this isnt the place to post this :sorry:

gazza82

Re: Hello 206 cc owners

Post by gazza82 »

•Fitting 206 GTI front wishbones is it beneficial?
The CC should be fitted with GTI wishbones anyway .. that 2.0 lump is really heavy and the standard arms will fail very quickly. The GTI arms have a stronger mounting, standard are two rubber ones.
•Creaking from the roof when driving
I thought Peugeot included that as standard! :-)
•Speedo
They will need to be reset or simply put something in the logbook to say it was replaced and the new mileage. If you have fitted one with a lower mileage it would have reset to the one stored in the ECU/BSI unit.

Invest in Planet Peugeot 2000 and Lexia-3 cables .. for when that pesky EML illuminates.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Spitfire6

Post by Spitfire6 »

John_Boy_Ink wrote:

#1 Creaking from the roof when driving - Any way to solve this or do i need to learn to live with it?

#3 Best place to locate amplifier?
:
Hi,
#1 Silicone grease on all the rubbers fixed mine and the rubber should last longer. Silicone grease over all the locking mechs does no harm?

#3 In the boot will require extra wires. Passenger floor area would mean no wires to pull!

Cheers,
Iain.
Peugeot 206 CC 2L 16V 4cyl 2002. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 80% LED. 5% HID.
Triumph GT6 CC 2L5 12V 6Cyl 1972. QX 3 5W40 Oil. Lamps 98% LED.
G6SBH.
Siemens Controls & SW Engineer.

John_Boy_Ink

Post by John_Boy_Ink »

They will need to be reset or simply put something in the logbook to say it was replaced and the new mileage. If you have fitted one with a lower mileage it would have reset to the one stored in the ECU/BSI unit.
Thanks gazza82

I work at a breakers so found one easy enough but no way to check mileage before hand.

Was going to change bsi etc but unfortunately there is no 2L in the yard for the ecu.
Silicone grease on all the rubbers fixed mine and the rubber should last longer. Silicone grease over all the locking mechs does no harm?
Thanks spitfire6

Was thinking something like will definitely be doing that this weekend knowing my luck i will end up looking like the guy from family guy.

Dont really want to put the amp in the boot and run wires from the head unit and back.

Thanks for your help

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Replaving the bsi would have caused more problems ... pretty sure that would mean none of your keys would work or immobiliser!!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

John_Boy_Ink

Post by John_Boy_Ink »

i would have either taken the fob that was with the car or just reprogrammed my key

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Reprogramming doesn't always work ... :-(

John_Boy_Ink

Post by John_Boy_Ink »

i know what you mean... I have a snap on diagnostic kit that has key programming on it and has been pretty reliable at coding keys but it has had its moments when it just wont do it... gonna get some prices i think for resetting the mileage iv seen the diaprog kit available for £120 so if i cant find it cheaper gonna get 1 and do it myself (knowing my luck the diaprog wont work and ill have to pay anyway)