Hi from a new member.

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
Simon6969

Hi from a new member.

Post by Simon6969 »

I have recently changed the starter motor on my Peugeot 206 2001 2.0 Hdi and have found that after starting her up and giving her a test run out that my radio, air con and internal blowers aren't working. I have looked for a fuse diagram for my car but all I seem to find are similar or unrelated diagrams.
Please can anyone help out? Would be much appreciated as fed up of wiping wind screen down of misting and having on air con.
Thanks in advance,
Simon

gazza82

Re: Hi from a new member.

Post by gazza82 »

Tried asking on 206info.co.uk? CCs never had 2.0 HDi engine.

Also Peugeot fuse diagrams are notorious for not matching car ... think it's a French conspiracy!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Artermis

Post by Artermis »

gazza82 wrote:Tried asking on 206info.co.uk? CCs never had 2.0 HDi engine.

Also Peugeot fuse diagrams are notorious for not matching car ... think it's a French conspiracy!
You're not kidding... Found this out the hard way over weekend when had an issue with the wife's CC. Ended up 'shutting down' BSI, disconnecting battery and inspecting every fuse to be certain.

Turns out the issue was she'd put petrol in her HDi like so wasn't a fuse after all....
Ben. 2006 1.6 HDi Allure

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Artermis wrote:Turns out the issue was she'd put petrol in her HDi like so wasn't a fuse after all....
Oooo ... not good .. all that lovely unleaded washing the diesel lubrication from the bores/rings ... that's the worst combination .. diesel in a petrol just means a smoky, smelly car for a while! (Although the latter is harder given the fuel fillers are different sizes .. some older cars don't have that feature!)
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

Simon6969

Post by Simon6969 »

Thanks for the advice. Have tried the BSI reset method and checked all fuses. As far as I can see everything is as it should be?!?!? I'm wondering if it could be something to do with the ignition barrel. Maybe I should buy a new one and change it out?