Hello from Manchester & Merry Christmas

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
chezza

Hello from Manchester & Merry Christmas

Post by chezza »

Hi have been reading this forum for the last few days and it's been great to see all the info :thumbs:

I've had a citroen c2 vts for the past 11 years, unfortunately my cam belt snapped last month and knackered the engine :facepalm: b

I'm looking to get a black 206 cc 1.6 petrol for about 1k max in January so am checking out as much info beforehand, the buyers guide on here is fantastic :love-thx: as I'm a girl who didn't have a clue lol

Before I scrap my vts I was wondering if I could use the 16" alloys on a peugeot 206cc as I've always loved the way they looked - the size is 195 45 x 16

Thanks for any help and merry Christmas from Manchester :wave:

gazza82

Re: Hello from Manchester & Merry Christmas

Post by gazza82 »

C2 I think is based on 207 so not 100% sure if wheel bolt spacing (known as pcd) and offdet is same but the correct tyres for 206 are 205/45R16s

Welcome!
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

chezza

Post by chezza »

Thanks lots for your reply, doesn't sound like they will, that's rather different numbers, would have been nice to salvage something from my old car but the excitement of getting a 206cc will take over in January :)

Thanks again merry Christmas

Artermis

Post by Artermis »

Welcome Chezza

The wheel fitment for a Citroen C2 is PCD 4×108, offset 15 to 27 and centre bore 65.1

Fitment for a 206 206 is PCD 4×108, offset 20 to 25 and centre bore 65.1

As you can see above, the bolt pattern (PCD) and centre bore sizes are the same - so the wheels will physically fit the car's hub.

You'll note the difference is the acceptable offset range. The offset, if you were to draw a line down the centre of the wheel, is the distance between the middle of the wheel and the back of the wheel's bolt holes.

A positive number offset, as above, means the bolt holes are further away from the centre of the wheel. As you can see the Citroen C2 has a greater range of offset it can run with versus the Peugeot.

We aren't going to know for sure the offset of the wheels you have no your citroen, unless you happen to have that information to hand, which people don't tend to!

The difference being, if your citroen wheels have smaller offset than the peugeot wheels - the wheels will stick out from the hub a bit further - At a good guess around 5-10mm further out. The risk is that your wheel then catches on the wheel arch if it sticks out too far - but I'd be doubtful that would happen.

Likewise, if your citroen wheels are a greater offset the wheels will sit closer in to the car, which tends to not look so good and risks catching on the wheel arch lining or suspension components - at worst it hits the brake caliper.

In summary - the citroen wheels will more than likely fit the peugeot, but given the offset being a bit of an unknown you won't know for certain or how they will look until you put them on. You're only looking at millimeters either way, so it's only very small differences we're looking at. I'd be confident enough they'd fit to keep hold of them and give it a try if it was mine.
Ben. 2006 1.6 HDi Allure

chezza

Post by chezza »

Thanks so much for that information really was helpful, I didn't have a clue but I can at least store my wheels to try them before scrapping the vts least then I will be able to see if they do fit at all. The main reason is I really don't like the look of the 1.6 alloys & for the price around 1k from a trade dealer most on offer don't seem to have the nicer alloys the 2.0l offer, but I have 3 weeks to scout about for now and I am looking for one that has had cam belt done recently so you have both been a great help thanks again :)

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

If you do fit those wheels, you need to inform your insurance, and they may increase your premium. You risk having your insurance voided if you don't tell them and you are involved in an accident
tell
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

chezza

Post by chezza »

Ah I didn't realise that either with the insurance, Im thinking it might be better to just stick with the wheels it comes with..... If im lucky I might get one on offer that has had different wheels - thanks so much, you guys are brilliant with all the advice, really appreciate the help

Merry Christmas

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

If the offset is too much the tyres may rub on the suspension. Most CCs have alloys but I will admit
that I prefer the 7 spoke Nimrod/Ouregans to the 5 spokes on some 206s.
Family Fleet: ex-Cayman Green 206 CC 2.0 LE, Indigo Blue 206 1.4 HDi Hatchback, Subaru BRZ Auto, Alfa Romeo MiTo

chezza

Post by chezza »

I'm the same with the 7 compared to the 5 spoke aesthetically

I gona just pray to the 206cc gods that someone will be selling a 1.6l after Christmas with different wheels lol

Thanks again you have all really helped :)

Capncol

Post by Capncol »

See here for insurance implications

https://www.keithmichaels.co.uk/modifie ... ons-guide/

From Money supermarket-"Wider wheels or tyres +18%"
(Would also apply to any different size wheel from std)
http://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-ins ... ce-prices/
Cheers Col.

206cc 1.6ltr (Wifes toy)
Mercedes ML (workhorse)
Corvette C3 (my toy)

When requesting help of a technical nature, please give as much detail of the fault as possible along with details of exact model, engine size & type, gearbox, year, mileage, and any relevant work carried out to try to solve the problem to help us help you.
Better still, put the details in your signature.

chezza

Post by chezza »

Wow that's some list of modifications, that I didn't even consider before posting this thread :o

Thanks so much for the advice it has saved me getting into all sorts of mess and I can use those links in the future. I will also be telling my mates as I don't know if they know all that about interior mods affecting insurance either :facepalm:

I will steer clear for now of changing the wheels as the insurance is already higher group & tax bracket than my vts was- its gutting as the only thing I can salvage from it now is the mp4 player cause even the subwoofer & amp won't fit the 206cc from looking on the ICE section on here, it's funny as I really thought the vts boot was small until I saw the dimensions of these, I just love the look of the 206cc though so you guys have been a great help :love-thx:

Thanks so much as you have all saved me money and invalid insurance for my purely cosmetic car wants lol :thumbs:

Artermis

Post by Artermis »

Some insurers take a different view to others. I had a policy with greenlight for a Focus ST i had (the 2.5 turbo version) and you could more or less do what you wanted to that cosmetically and they'd not charge you, not even an admin fee, for adding these to your insurance. They only tended to put an additional premium on the policy when you started to explore power gains. Styling and cosmetics they werent too fussed about although they had their limits of course.

When chatting to one of the reps he said they appreciated people who were passionate about their cars and took care of them, so where they could be accommodating they'd rather people declared their mods without fear of cost incursion so that they stayed safe and legal on the road. Not his exact words but that's the jist.

That was a specialized policy for modified vehicles though. Your more run of the mill high street brands tend to take a less liberal approach - but that's because it's not their area of expertise.

What I'm saying is - if you do want to go down a modified route there are insurers out there who will cater to your needs better than some of the high street comparison sight companies.

Cap Col is right whatever you do you need to declare to insurance. You really do need to play the game by their rules - no use fighting it. You really dont want to run the risk of having a policy declared void, it'll make seeking insurance again in the future so much more difficult you wouldn't believe.
Ben. 2006 1.6 HDi Allure

chezza

Post by chezza »

Thanks lots, it is good to know that at least there are some insurance providers that cater for mods without being too over priced. I remember back in the late 90s having a cavalier 2 litre Sri and having to look at the back of the yellow pages for insurance for high performance vehicles and after the 1st year having to sell car as the insurance was so high as I was a teenager, great car to drive at the time.

My vts served as a fab car for 11 years & the only mod with that was the rear lights were darker, the alloy were the 16 inch that came with the vehicle so didn't realise all the new technology (in car especially ) had to be declared nowadays. I get it with the wheels and am grateful for the replies on here as it has saved me from any future problems with insurance etc.

Can't wait for January to get my new old car :) I've been looking at several online these last few weeks, just need a black 1.6 allure to magically go up for trade sale as a late Christmas present to myself lol

Thanks again for all the advice

gazza82

Post by gazza82 »

Well if you fancy something a bit different .. "Black is so yesterday Dahling!" :lol:

http://www.tmcmaidenhead.co.uk/used-car ... eType=cars

chezza

Post by chezza »

green is the new black :)

Gota be the black though,.... hopefully lots of people think this is the case and decide to sell their black cc's in January lol