Hello!!!

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
sandyb63

Hello!!!

Post by sandyb63 »

Hi everyone! My hubby surprised me with a 206cc 02 plate last thursday for my birthday, to say im over the moon is an understatement!! I love it, but having a problem where the anti pollution light came on yesterday, and now wont go off, so im trawling this forum trying to find out whats wrong! Just thought id introduce myself, im from West Yorks btw! :D

GrandadMonkey

Re: Hello!!!

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Hello Sandy, welcome to the forum.
Which engine? What's its history?
Ron
"If it ain't broke don't fix it!"
Golf 1.5 Tsi Evo SE Nav Estate Atlantic Blue
Polo 1.0 SEL DSG Reef Blue (wife's)
(Previously owned a 2005 206CC 1.6 Allure Moonstone for 10 years)

sandyb63

Post by sandyb63 »

Hi its a 1.6 petrol 2 previous owners! Blue! The problem came on yesterday after driving home from a visit to a friend a hundred miles away, i was just about to go on red with the fuel and wondered if it was cos it was getting the dregs from the bottom of the tank??

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Could be that perhaps, but not sure its that simple.

You're not using supermarket fuel are you?

If so, try Shell V-Power petrol in future. I'll never use supermarket petrol in mine.

How many miles has it done? When was it last serviced?
Ron

sandyb63

Post by sandyb63 »

Right the sevice history is as follows
Its been seviced regularly with the last one being in 2008 at 50253 miles, its now done 62415 miles and the next one is due at 80000 miles or in 2011 (3 yrs) which ever is soonest!
I have put supermarket fuel in, unfortunately we have no shell garages nearby :( so thats going to be a tricky one!
To top it all my insurance has come today and they got the wrong car lol and i have no idea what model it is because i dont have the full registration back yet, i think it might be the Allure model but really i have no idea! if i put a pic on here would you know?? thanks for your help so far, really appreciate it!

Thar

Post by Thar »

sandyb63 wrote:Right the sevice history is as follows
Its been seviced regularly with the last one being in 2008 at 50253 miles, its now done 62415 miles and the next one is due at 80000 miles or in 2011 (3 yrs) which ever is soonest!
Was that a Peugeot service, my service record recommends every 2 years?

According to this they only started making the Allure spec in 2003, so I'm not sure that's what you have. Do you have leather seats, colour coding?

Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

sandyb63

Post by sandyb63 »

Yes thats with peugeot, and no doesnt have leather seats as all the ones with leather seats wernt very well looked after that my hubby looked at! Its in mint condition though and other than this anti pollution fault im more than happy with it!
If its not the Allure i have no idea then, when i rang the insurance back they couldnt find it either, ill just have to wait till i get the registration docs through to sort that one out!

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

It sounds like a 1.6 S or Sport to me, but in the early 2000's many were being imported privately (rather than being purchased through the UK dealer network). There were limited editions but I think that would be apparent from the badging.

Thar is right, if it was serviced at 50k in 2008 then the next service is due in 2010 or at 70k whichever comes first. If it was me I would get it serviced before the winter.

If you have no Shell garage Texaco, Total, BP and Esso are all decent fuels. I haven't used supermarket petrol in any of my cars since it upset the running of one of them a few years ago.

You can look at all the historic UK 206cc car specifications on this website:

http://www.wisebuyers.co.uk/motoring/ca ... 81998-%29/

Ron
Ron

sandyb63

Post by sandyb63 »

Ive been doing a bit of research and yes im thinking its the 1.6 S
Ill get a service done on it this year then, but it deffo says in the service book 3yrs or the next 30,000 miles which ever is sooner! The problem with the anti pollution just flashes up on initial start up but then the engine management light stays on., there isnt any sluggishness or anything, it drives absolutely fine, so ill try one of the fuels youve mentioned and see if it cures it?! Thanks so much for your help! :)

sandyb63

Post by sandyb63 »

My hubby just had a look at the service book apparently its missed a service and been stamped in the wrong place thats why im reading it wrong lol, im blonde, blame the hair colour lmao! Its due a service now so ill deffo get it booked in!

Thar

Post by Thar »

sandyb63 wrote:My hubby just had a look at the service book apparently its missed a service and been stamped in the wrong place thats why im reading it wrong lol, im blonde, blame the hair colour lmao! Its due a service now so ill deffo get it booked in!
No worries...thought it was strange! You could ask them about the anti-pollution fault but they'd probably want to hook it up and charge you for the privilege.

I know supermarket petrol doesn't have a good name, I used to only ever go for ESSO, but I get mine from ASDA now due to the price differences, and my two cars run fine on it.
Image...............

Life's too short to drive around with your top on! :D

sandyb63

Post by sandyb63 »

I always get my services done by my nephew so ill see what he says! Trouble re the fuel for me is we only have one garage nearby and thats a tesco garage! There is another garage a few miles away so ill see what they have after its been serviced and see what happens then!

sandyb63

Post by sandyb63 »

Booked in for a service saturday morning! :)

GrandadMonkey

Post by GrandadMonkey »

Good luck with the service. Remind him the combined brake and clutch fluid are due for renewal too.

I'm away in Torquay for a few days on a dancing long weekend holiday. I'll find out any news about your car when I get back.

Bye for now, Ron
Ron

sandyb63

Post by sandyb63 »

will do thanks!