New owner-04 cc allure 1.6

Are you a new member? Why not pop in and introduce yourself!
flyin2wheeler

New owner-04 cc allure 1.6

Post by flyin2wheeler »

hey
pulled the lever on a silver allure,61k miles but it does have a roof issue but a tidy car,good interior,good engine and box and valid mot....couldnt knock it at 450 quid.
so...im quite handy at electrics and mechanical stuff an thought id take a chance on it that i can get this roof fully operational again.
btw...car beeps once it starts being driven so im assuming the ecu detects roof is open.
will start to look at it later this week when i have time.
just need the sun to appear now lol

flyin2wheeler

Re: New owner-04 cc allure 1.6

Post by flyin2wheeler »

Pretty good i thought for 450
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

IanL

Post by IanL »

The car beeps if you do over 8 mph with the roof neither open nor closed, i.e. it doesn't want you to operate the roof at speed. Chances are one of the microswitches does not register that the roof IS closed and locked.

The most common issue is dirt in one of the switches operated by the roof catches on the top of the windscreen pillars. I would try manually opening the roof a little, and spraying with switch cleaner (NOT WD 40 :no: ) into the switch. It often does the trick.

If you haven't got the handbook, go to http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/APddb/, choose English top right and continue to model, etc. It has a chapter on roof emergency procedure.

The roof switches are documented at http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12945. There is a lot more in stickies in the roof section.

flyin2wheeler

Post by flyin2wheeler »

yes,i had kind of thought that will be my starting point as I do not get the "Bong" when I open the roof catches so time to get out the contact cleaner and multimeter!
Quite a nippy little car on my first drive last night i thought

flyin2wheeler

Post by flyin2wheeler »

well....update on this roof sceanario........
some contact spray around the switches and its going.
Release latches...bong
windows go all down,boot lifts,roof goes down but......the boot wont re-close itself unless im doing something wrong and i then have to abort the cycle and close up the roof

IanL

Post by IanL »

Check the Retractable Roof Open Switch (marked I in the drawing). If the Roof ECU does not get the Open signal it will not allow the boot lid to start shutting.

flyin2wheeler

Post by flyin2wheeler »

Is that a drawing in the handbook ian?
Well...i put the car in the shed last night..also had til give the parcel shelf a yank out as it seemed jammed and boot was still hal;f shut and no progress but...it must have slowly dropped into place overnight.
So...tried to put roof up today.....nothing only the beeps to say theres a malfunction.
Also need to retract the parcel shelf manually and the pull cords missing to unlock the shelf!!!!
Going to get all up manually and do a reboot.
Im pretty sure this is a dodgy micro switch issue and theres not much wrong.
Will keep at it

flyin2wheeler

Post by flyin2wheeler »

kinda how things are except i yanked out the parcel shelf...probably not my best idea
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

flyin2wheeler

Post by flyin2wheeler »

Ok..got all up manually and electrics going again.
Still at the point as in the photo of my car.I can hear the pump change pitch at the point the roofs in the boot and bootlid is up but the boot dont wanna close and the parcel shelf dont wanna pop up.
If i can nail the last 2 parts of the roof cycle....happy days

IanL

Post by IanL »

flyin2wheeler wrote:Is that a drawing in the handbook ian?
No, it's the drawing I pointed you to in my first post http://www.peugeot206cc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12945.
Im pretty sure this is a dodgy micro switch issue and theres not much wrong.
Yes, it's probably the one I keep telling you about :big-grin:

flyin2wheeler

Post by flyin2wheeler »

Yeah,See where the switch is.
weather has not been kind enough to let me get at it as im "Roadside repairs" lol.
Do have a tiny lock up to store it in but they must have built my lockup when half the country drove morris minors.
Its a situation,car in lock up and squeeze yourself out of the car to get out

UPDATE
Had a look at the roof down micro switch,got the multimeter out and the switch is functioning ok.
At the stage the roofs in the boot,the boot lid is up,the pump i can hear change pitch as if its about to lower the boot and deploy the parcel shelf but nope.
the pump will whine until the emergency beeps come on and deactivate the pump....but,im going to test the micro switches in the boot and the parcel shelf at next opportunity to be sure they are all ok.
I see wires running up inside the roof that i suspect are for the heated rear window only and there are no switches up inside the roof?
Also noticed that my parcel shelf ram is fully extended with the parcel shelf in its home(down) position and the attatchment to the ram body(the part that i assume once had a string) is also in its most downward position?
TIA for any help.
Really sure there is very little wrong with this roof and determined to cure it